Thread: Big ol' Diffusion Thread | Post your Diffusion and your results, thoughts

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Daisy.jpgMolly.jpg

Just got 1/4 HBM....love it

Quote Originally Posted by BenHalford View Post
    Daisy.jpgMolly.jpg

Just got 1/4 HBM....love it
    Awesome! Mine will be here on Monday... I'm excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Glornis View Post
    Awesome! Mine will be here on Monday... I'm excited!
    At this rate the whole community will have them, we should have done a group buy! I also got the 1/2. I did some comparisons. Will upload later.

Quote Originally Posted by BenHalford View Post
    At this rate the whole community will have them, we should have done a group buy! I also got the 1/2. I did some comparisons. Will upload later.
    Yep... 1/4 and 1/8 here

Moving to Ultra Cons now...
    Last edited by Bxl; 10-06-2016 at 02:47 AM.

Oh my...finally got my 4x4 HBM 1/8 and a wooden camera zipbox. it fits perfectly on my 77mm Hoya IR cut.

grabbed some test footage at a friend's dance studio for 15min on my way back from picking it up from B&H's warehouse.

I like it...a lot. I now understand why you would want a 1/4 for closeups though.

IMG_5556.jpg

IMG_5555.jpg

IMG_5559.jpg

I like the zipbox idea and the execution is pretty decent. I think I'm gonna find a case and just keep the HBM filter installed. excited for my NATO clamp to show up from Smallrig - http://www.smallrig.com/SMALLRIG-NAT...eras-1825.html and lower the VA screen to just over the lens.
    Last edited by tmronin; 10-31-2016 at 12:19 PM. Reason: add images

Ok reviving this topic.
    I own the black pro mists 1/8 and 1/4. They are awesome if light does not hit the sensor straight on, but when it does it hazes my whole image up. So I figured I will order the black satin 1, who will not haze up my image. But what about the hollywood blackmagic do they haze up the image when light hits the sensor straight on?

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid22 View Post
    Ok reviving this topic.
    I own the black pro mists 1/8 and 1/4. They are awesome if light does not hit the sensor straight on, but when it does it hazes my whole image up. So I figured I will order the black satin 1, who will not haze up my image. But what about the hollywood blackmagic do they haze up the image when light hits the sensor straight on?
    That's the issue with most diffusers. They do all sort or weird stuff when shooting against a light source. The HBMs, which are a combination of a 1/8 Black Frost and HD Classic Soft, have a sort of fine bubbly pattern (finer than normal classic softs) that can make halos around bright lights and, if stopped down too much, the pattern can appear and look almost like you have dust in your lens. The right diffuser must be used for the right need. I'm moving to low con filters now, as I feel that's where my current need is. But I do like diffusion, and HBMs are solid quality. Just probably not the best option when shooting against the sun.