Thread: "Public Beta" of a new LUT from me.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Had a play with the SIMPLE base LUT. Seems nice so far on the BMCC. Will use it on some personal stuff I am doing and see how it pans out. Haven't finished with the grade yet, too much orange in the skin tones.

Grab_1.18.1.jpgGrab_1.18.2.jpgGrab_1.18.3.jpg
    Last edited by Tim Hole; 06-01-2014 at 12:05 AM.

Love this LUT. Gorgeous and perfect for doc style pieces due to the fact that it feels so natural. Just got back from Nicaragua with my BMPCC. Here are a few tests using the latest version of SIMPLE. Thanks captain for all your amazing work. You rock my socks.

simple.jpgsimple_4.jpgsimple_1.jpgsimple_5.jpgsimple_2.jpgsimple_6.jpgsimple_3.jpgsimple_7.jpg

Captain Hook - Thanks for this! I have a Micro Cinema Cam and a 4.6K Mini on pre-order. I plan to shoot both in ProRes with BMD Film look and grade the footage in Magic Bullet Looks which can import LUTs.

Does this LUT work for the latest BMD film look setting in both the micro and 4.6 mini? (Is is the same as it was with the BMCC?) Will the LUT work okay on my Prores footage outside of Resolve?
    Thanks again!

You're welcome.

Yes for the Micro (uses BMDFilm), no for the 4.6K. I'm going to release something for the 4.6K, but it will be different and a "look" LUT.
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Great news! Will you be releasing the same "clean" LUT for the 4.6k eventually also?

That's nice CaptainHook!

Quote Originally Posted by freejack View Post
    Great news! Will you be releasing the same "clean" LUT for the 4.6k eventually also?
    I wasn't planning on it. Using just the curves, or Lift/Gain and Contrast/Pivot should achieve basically what i was aiming for with the "simple" LUT.
    But a look LUT that has a stronger distinctive look i think might still offer something to people that's useful and saves time.
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Indeed, a clean look is quite easily accomplished. Btw did you grade the BTS of the BMD short movie?

Would love to have some sort of "inbetween" LUT (if that makes sense) that brings the Ursa material in the same ballpark (color/curve and gamma wise) as the material from the 2.4k/pocket, to make it match more easy.

In a perfect world, I would hope to see a "match old BMD" option, in addition to the 709 and 4.6k options in the raw tab.

Did this ever get a v1 release under any of the new names being thrown about in this thread? or is v.0.8 the latest?
    DOWN AND DANGEROUS :: A smuggler bleeds like anyone else. He just gets more chances to prove it.
    THE SABI COMPANY :: FACEBOOK :: TWITTER :: IMDB :: VIMEO