Thread: Android ios app wireless remote control for Bmpcc

1. #1 Android ios app wireless remote control for Bmpcc 

Would be nice to see iso, wb, shutter angle, control.
    Imagine a full hd 1080p monitor, with controls. using a samsung galaxy note 3 or other smartphone with high resolution screen. This would be the perfect solution. I am planning on pledge, just to so what happens.

Has anyone seen anything else like this? Maybe a remote or controller device of some kind?

It's a poorly set up kickstarter campaign. As much as I would like to see it funded, it likely will not. Setting up an informative interesting kickstarter is just as important to getting it funded as the product itself. It's confusing. It says nothing about whether or not it includes hardware. You have to have a wireless transmitter of some kind on the camera. Does it come with it? Who knows. If not, at least tell us where to get the hardware.

Yeah I agree. Not very detailed but, I havent seen anything like this. If it could be developed and built upon it could be great. It sounds like this is the first of possibly a few kickstarters for this project. First being just software hardware development and then later ending up as an app for android and ios.

I found the original post over at the blackmagic design forum, these would be good things to pass on to the kickstarter campaign starter.

So from what i have read the first kickstarter is for software only.
    Then once it is decided between WIFI or Bluetooth; then there will be another kickstarter for hardware giving a discount for previous contributors.

Here is the thread over at the blackmagic design forum : http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/vi...112062#p112062

and the kickstarter : http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...for-blackmagic

2014-01-13 20.29.48.jpg2014-01-13 20.29.48.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh View Post
    Would be nice to see iso, wb, shutter angle, control.
    Imagine a full hd 1080p monitor, with controls. using a samsung galaxy note 3 or other smartphone with high resolution screen. This would be the perfect solution. I am planning on pledge, just to so what happens.

Has anyone seen anything else like this? Maybe a remote or controller device of some kind?
    We found out that controlling shutter angle, iso, wb, etc. is currently not possible with bmcc and bmpcc. We tested about 230 LANC codes software driven with an ARDUINO board. The only working codes (with current firmware) are for BMCC: start / stop , open / close aperture (with electronic controlled lenses), focus near / far (with autofocus lenses). For BMPCC: the same like BMCC and additional: autofocus on (does the same like pushing the button on the camera) , auto aperture ("ETTR" mode).
    Any further LANC codes seem to be not implemented in the current firmware - there is no response from the camera.
    We needed a solution to start several cameras at the same time - we had one ARDUINO as transmitter (via bluetooth) and several recievers mounted to the camera riggs. If you are interested in this project please pm me for the codes.
    Sorry for my bad english -

just uploaded a foto of our first working prototype.
    Last edited by MIDDLEEASTMAMBO; 01-22-2014 at 06:28 PM.

This is very good to know. Glad I didnt get my hopes up too much.

I guess I will take my number in line waiting for bmd to update the firmware.