Thread: Digital Bolex vs Blackmagic Cameras

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
    As Kholi said the DB16 has a nostalgic look. Enthusiast of film might think the Kodak sensor is superior because of the "film look". For me personally old feature films and TV shows look like crap compare to today's offering. I'm sure film are great at the time and especially true with Black Narcissus but would it make the cut today I'm not so sure. Of course more recent high end behemoth cameras that shoot films are superior stuff no doubt but let not confuse all film quality cameras be it today or yester years are the same, they are not.
    Last edited by Taikonaut; 02-14-2014 at 04:22 AM.

Taking a Vacation
    I downloaded the footage by Mr. Bloom and now I can say I am even more disappointed..... This camera does absolutely nothing for me and for me to even consider it would have to be priced around $999..... Blackmagic Pocket Camera is so much more better.......

Done Here, they need to revamp this camera by A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by J.F.R. View Post
    This camera does absolutely nothing for me and for me to even consider it would have to be priced around $999
    BMCC does absolutely nothing for me and would need to be priced around $250 to consider it, yet I had no issue buying an Epic kit. It's all relative.

-Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyL View Post
    BMCC does absolutely nothing for me and would need to be priced around $250 to consider it, yet I had no issue buying an Epic kit. It's all relative.

-Cheers
    Based on your photography work (which I REALLY like and i've followed your progress since the early dpchallenge days around 2005 or so) I would guess this has nothing to do with colour? You're a phase one DB and Capture One guy now yeah? Your colour work on photography is generally nice so i'd just be surprised you'd like Epic colour over BMCC. As an entire camera package I can totally understand though.
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Taking a Vacation
    Wait, I can't be the only one completely confused here man. You started this thread by praising the DB and putting down the BM cameras. Alot I might add. Now you've completely gone the other way? So now you're a BM guy again right? So now what makes the BM camera so great in your eyes?

Bloom's stuff is good but to be honest I was underwhelmed by his first footage of the Blackmagic too. He tends to shoot things sort of flat for my taste.