Thread: New Sound Devices 633!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 New Sound Devices 633! 
    10 tracks, multiple power options and recording. I can't see anyone needing any other filed mixer/recorder for a long, long time!

DROOOOOL

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...roduction.html

And the echo of "Happy Sound Devices day!" was murmured by sound men all over the nation. Advances in sound come once every blue moon so the gear envy is rarely celebrated, but amen.. a good looking unit.

Interesting, not sure what the point is to have 10 recording tracks with only 6 inputs. Great stuff anyway thanks for sharing.

3 input, 3 direct out (for ISO recording), those 3 direct outs can be converted to 3 line level in, recorder will record the up to 6 inputs, L/R bus, and 2 aux outputs for a total of 10 tracks, timecode input/output…

Yes, basically it means that anyone having to record a lot of wireless with a 2nd safety track at -12 db from the original track is now covered, while at the same time being able to boom and mix on the other tracks at the same time. Further the usb keyboard input allows for easy titling directly in the field. This is a huge time saver.
    If I wanted my films to look like the real world I'd buy a video camera.

Quote Originally Posted by townio View Post
    Interesting, not sure what the point is to have 10 recording tracks with only 6 inputs. Great stuff anyway thanks for sharing.
    I'm sure a lot of sound recordists would disagree with you. It's not all about the 6 direct inputs.

Looks so good...

Originally Posted by townio:
    Interesting, not sure what the point is to have 10 recording tracks with only 6 inputs.

10 tracks and 6 inputs, means that you can record the 6 seperate iso's (inputs) as well as a stereo output/mixdown, PLUS channels X1/X2 can be assigned to the headphone output with a stereo return to receive a 2nd L/R from another analog mixer or device (so in fact you have the possibility of 8 total inputs). Remember it is not just a mixer, it also a recorder and that is not limited to what is only mixed/captured on the machine itself. So if you need more than 3 mixing pots you can create a cascading system with a 2nd mixing device for instance.
    Last edited by yoclay; 11-19-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    If I wanted my films to look like the real world I'd buy a video camera.

Quote Originally Posted by yoclay View Post
    10 tracks and 6 inputs, means that you can record the 6 seperate iso's (inputs) as well as a stereo output/mixdown, PLUS channels X1/X2 can be assigned to the headphone output with a stereo return to receive a 2nd L/R from another analog mixer or device (so in fact you have the possibility of 8 total inputs). Remember it is not just a mixer, it also a recorder and that is not limited to what is only mixed/captured on the machine itself. So if you need more than 3 mixing pots you can create a cascading system with a 2nd mixing device for instance.
    Yeah I get it, looked at the SD website.
    Haven't seen what you mentioned about X1/X2 useable as inputs though where did you see that?
    Think I'll buy it to replace my 302; great job from SD to make something like that, it's like the BMCC of audio.

It looks great... (quite pricey!)

But do you really need it?
    I record on an NTG2 and minimal gear and achieve awesome results.
    I think allot of ppl here just post gear but few know how to properly use it.