Thread: RAW 2 CF RAW Now in Version 1.001

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 RAW 2 CF RAW Now in Version 1.001 
    I have been in contact with Alex at PrimeHD.com, and have downloaded his conversion GUI program for converting from various Raw formats to Cineform Raw. After to unsuccessful funding attempts, Alex will be looking at different ways to get the word out on this program.

Essentially, this is a process you can apparently do with do from command prompts if you are so inclined, but Alex has simplified it for us tech challenged putting it into a gui.

What makes this different from GOPro Studio is that it will also sync the sound track. To take advantage of that, you need to load VirtualDub and tell the program where it is located.

After a fix for 1.0 that corrected a bug, this program is up and and working converted my Black Magic Cinema files flawlessly right off my SSD card. No waiting for transfers !

Currently it is single file at a time, but he has plans to continue development as follows:

- Batch operation: planned
    - MOV with sound merge: planned
    - Custom Time Code: currently in the works, should be released soon

See his website here:

http://primehd.com/raw-to-cineform/

Alex at PrimeHD is working on a new version of his Raw 2 Cineform Raw program, which will provide batch processing of Raw folders to Cineform raw. An alpha version is in testing with version release planned for December - January. To me, the batch processing should make this program a complete solution to raw processing.

Please support it here at Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...raw-batch-edit
    Last edited by ChrisBarcellos; 11-19-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBarcellos View Post
    Alex at PrimeHD is working on a new version of his Raw 2 Cineform Raw program, which will provide batch processing of Raw folders to Cineform raw. An alpha version is in testing with version release planned for December - January. To me, the batch processing should make this program a complete solution to raw processing.

Please support it here at Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...raw-batch-edit
    I am sorry, but you should make it clear that this program does NOT work with the compressed BMPCC RAW video dng's. It is useless for RAW from that camera (not the developer's fault). Having this program would be really valuable, for those not shooting with the BMPCC.

Quote Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
    I am sorry, but you should make it clear that this program does NOT work with the compressed BMPCC RAW video dng's. It is useless for RAW from that camera (not the developer's fault). Having this program would be really valuable, for those not shooting with the BMPCC.
    I'm the developer of RAW 2 CF RAW.

RAW 2 CF RAW does everything that Cineform's dpx2cf does, in terms of video conversion. It also does much more - auto audio merge etc. If and when dpx2cf starts accepting Compressed DNGs, so will RAW 2 CF RAW.

Neither our own site, nor our Kickstarter page ever said that at this time RAW 2 CF RAW would work on Compressed DNGs - which is what BMPCC produces. Not sure why the annoyed post, then. To my knowledge, there isn't a single software that works with all input sources universally. Although it'd be great

To re-iterate: we have a very detailed info that shows which files are accepted (and tested with) RAW 2 CF RAW. Just read it on our site http://PrimeHD.com/raw-to-cineform

Right now all Cinema DNG files (BMCC 2.5K, Digital Bolex, Ikonoskop, and any other cams producing them) are fine; and also CR2, ARI, DPX, and TIFF sources.

It does not seem reasonable to request us list the formats that are NOT accepted. Clearly, if it's not listed, it's not an accepted source. Thank you for understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Primehd View Post
    I'm the developer of RAW 2 CF RAW.

RAW 2 CF RAW does everything that Cineform's dpx2cf does, in terms of video conversion. It also does much more - auto audio merge etc. If and when dpx2cf starts accepting Compressed DNGs, so will RAW 2 CF RAW.

Neither our own site, nor our Kickstarter page ever said that at this time RAW 2 CF RAW would work on Compressed DNGs - which is what BMPCC produces. Not sure why the annoyed post, then. To my knowledge, there isn't a single software that works with all input sources universally. Although it'd be great

To re-iterate: we have a very detailed info that shows which files are accepted (and tested with) RAW 2 CF RAW. Just read it on our site http://PrimeHD.com/raw-to-cineform

Right now all Cinema DNG files (BMCC 2.5K, Digital Bolex, Ikonoskop, and any other cams producing them) are fine; and also CR2, ARI, DPX, and TIFF sources.

It does not seem reasonable to request us list the formats that are NOT accepted. Clearly, if it's not listed, it's not an accepted source. Thank you for understanding.
    I really appreciate the work you are doing. But,

1. I was responding to the person promoting your software, not you. I was not making any "request" of you or your web site. That person was providing information to Black Magic camera users.

2. Do you know what forum this is? Black Magic Users. Do you know how many cameras are therefore relevant that shoot RAW? Well, the Pocket BMPCC is one of three. It is very relevant to THIS SITE which of the Black Magic Cameras your software is useful for. I provided that needed info.

What exactly are you objecting to? It is completely irrelevant that you support CR2 or whatever to users of the BMPCC.

It is questionable whether this forum should be used to raise money for any project, but if it is, then it is even more relevant to know how useful the project will be to people who are on this site. For BMPCC users, useless.

I really hope that this is fixed, and as I said in my post - I know it is not your fault. But a fact, limitation, is a fact.

As a BMPCC user and raw shooter I would support your project for sure, and use your software, if it worked for the camera I have. Too bad it does not. Good luck, as it appears your software is useful to many users.

Pesronally I own BMCC 2.5K and it's pretty awesome. Was following Pocket camera, but...

Haven't pulled the trigger on BMPCC yet as initial reports of white orbs were rather distrurbing. Did BM fix those for sure or not?

Another question, how do you deal with 3x focal ratio due to smaller sensor size?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Primehd View Post
    Pesronally I own BMCC 2.5K and it's pretty awesome. Was following Pocket camera, but...

Haven't pulled the trigger on BMPCC yet as initial reports of white orbs were rather distrurbing. Did BM fix those for sure or not?

Another question, how do you deal with 3x focal ratio due to smaller sensor size?
    As far as I know they fixed the white orbs, which led to delays, but I have not tested that (or seen it any videos I tried).

I miss the dof I get from bigger sensor cameras, but I do not usually shoot very wide and standard 14mm (eq. 40mm) are common.

I hope GoPro makes their software compatible with the compressed raw - synching audio and converting cinemadng is a real big pain. I was elated when I saw your software, and crushed to see the issue!

I'm assuming BMPCC had to use Compressed because they were afraid the bandwidth would otherwise exceed that of the SDXC cards to be used reliably.

Regretfully, this poses a problem in post, as you just discovered. I heard that BMPCC is in fact the very first camera to even use this relatively new standard (is is true?)

I'd say that realistically, for now BMCC rules as RAW camera, and BMPCC may be useful as B-cam or stealth cam, with limitations and hoops to jump through... And yes this is not what you (or I) want to hear at the moment, but it is what it is.

>> I hope GoPro makes their software compatible with the compressed raw - synching audio and converting cinemadng is a real big pain.

So far Studio does not sync audio with regular Cinema DNGs either, sorry to say. That was one of the reasons RAW 2 CF RAW kicked it, which does automatic audio merge, and super fast too.

Nice, will back, when i can spare a few minutes...