Thread: FS: 3 Axis Handheld Brushless Gimbal for DSLR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 FS: 3 Axis Handheld Brushless Gimbal for DSLR 
    I'm selling my handheld brushless gimbal. This is perfect for 7D/5D/T2i/etc. Asking $1200. I've upgraded the roll and pan motors for better performance with a DSLR. It works pretty solidly now! Sale is for frame and motors only. Does not include gimbal controller, battery, stand, or RC Transmitter/Receiver. But for about 200-300 more you can have a fully working gimbal that competes with many of the other Movi clones out there. I will be happy to help local purchaser (San Francisco area) setup their new gimbal. Please email or message me if you or anyone you know is interested.

Frame is 25mm carbon fiber tubes and 4mm carbon plates. This sucker is STRONG and very well built. I'm only selling because I need something that can handle a larger camera like the RED.

New Test Video:

I didn't get the horizon leveled properly before I shot this test, but hopefully it gives an idea of what the rig is capable of. Performance will vary based on tuning and setup. Remember this sale is for the frame and motors only. The controller is up to you.

Attached Images
    Last edited by Stephen Berke; 11-11-2013 at 07:17 PM.

You have any videos using the gimbal?
    Jorge De Silva - Photography & Filmmaking
    Personal Quote: "We should always learn from others! Life always teaches us something! Sharing is the key!"
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1843499/

I have some. The issue is mostly that test footage depends more on controller configuration and tuning, plus camera balance. Someone else's setup might be different than mine, so I can't say that it'll be a completely accurate reference. I'm currently using an Alexmos controller so I'll post up those today or tomorrow.

Taking a Vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge De Silva View Post
    You have any videos using the gimbal?
    +1

I've updated the main post with a video link showing a test of this gimble.

Trade you for some new olympus prime lenses, 17mm, 12mm, and 75mm. They are worth more then the gimbal and might be easier to sell. I'm want to sell them FOR a gimbal, so this would be a good trade for me if your gimbal works well.

Haha, sorry not interested in any trades (well maybe a wireless Follow Focus lol). I'm not interested in trying to make more sales, just trying to find a good home for this model so that I can justify upgrading to a heavier duty version.

Hello!

I've posted another test video up on the first post. I'm sorry but my only subject on-hand was my car so there are a lot of circling shots. Again, sorry it's not more creative. I've left the sound on so that you can hear how vigorously I'm walking through some of the moves. Also notice there is no motor noise. I'm showing this warts and all so that you can understand that these gimbals do not remove translational movement. You can still see some up and down movement from my gate. If I was doing the steadicam prowl I could smooth this out a lot, but I think it helps illustrates precisely what the stabilizer is doing. I also have a few tuning problems with horizon drift in a few shots. Again pease remember that with all of these systems tuning is half the battle and will vary with different setups. This was a quick tune with a t2i done in about 5-10 minutes.

All of these shots were done in 'follow mode' comparable to Movi's 'majestic' mode. This allows a single operator to control the gimbal, the panning was all done just by turning the top 'handle bars'. It's MUCH more versatile with a 2nd operator, but still pretty darn cool solo.

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more serious interest in this. Are people more interested if I included electronics? This would mean a price increase but I could do that if someone isn't interested in sourcing more parts. A battery and charger would still have to be an additional purchase however.

I think no one is interested because you are asking way to much for what you're offering. You're basically trying to sell this for $1300: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-DSLR-3-A...-/221311708947

Taking a Vacation
    Bamn