Thread: Kiev-16U M32 lens adapter for MFT

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'll try to find some step up rings so I can fit some filters and shoot at a better aperture to see how the lenses perform under optimal conditions.

Shooting at f/16 is not a fair assessment of the lenses, but I guess the sharpness on the sides will be affected by the fact that we are utilizing more of the image circle than the lenses were designed for.
    On the shot of the Shard, the tall glass building, you can see how at f/16, there is a bit of colour shift on the sides.

Great...I'm still waiting on mine, I bought the whole set 12mm, 20mm and 50mm. Any idea on what step up rings to use for filters? The thread looks like a much finer pitch than a standard filter thread.

I could only find 33.5 and 34mm on eBay, when they arrive, I will do a proper test with fillers, and report here if they fit.

I ordered the whole set as well, my 20 and 50 lens were in fine optical condition, but a but sluggish focus because of old grease, but I've cleaned externally and been turning them back and forth and they are loosening up fine now. I guess they've been in storage for a very long time.
    First shots with the 20 and 50 gave real nice images. Cheapest set of cine lenses ever!

My 12mm arrived today, looks almost brand new. Slight vignette past F4, anything below that you can barely see.

Thanks for sharing on the 12/2. Its performance is better than I expected.

On these lenses it's not too difficult to remove old grease and relube. There are three screws on the focus barrel.. But don't touch them if you're not familiar with servicing lenses.

Best price/performance when it comes to cine lenses, ever! Get them while they last!

And thanks Rafael (RafCamera), for making it possible to use these lenses once again.

And thanks Rafael (RafCamera)
    You are welcome :-)
    Any idea on what step up rings to use for filters?
    Filter thread of any Kiev-16U lens is M33x0.5. You can find 33 to 37 and 33 to 43 step rings on eBay at about $10.50 including shipping. Also, I can make 33 to anything step rings, but they'll be more expensive - $20-25 including shipping depending on size. Though this can be even to you combo of 2 step rings if your filters aren't 37 or 43mm to be used with mentioned rings on eBay.
    Thanks.

Thanks Rafael, the adapters seems to work great!
    I looks like I'd have to use three stepping rings to get to 77mm, would you be able to make a 33-77mm if there is enough interest?

I'm not sure if this would be in your interest Rafael, but would you be able to make cine-rings 'la Duclos or Cordvision:
    http://www.cordvision.com/52mm-cine-ring-80mm-o-d/

I'm not specifically thinking for Kiev lenses, I'd be interested in various sizes, that all have internal 77mm filters rings and 80mm push on cap support.

The reason I'm asking is because importing from USA often more than doubles the prices with high shipping costs+tax+fees+etc.

would you be able to make a 33-77mm if there is enough interest?
    Yes. We can make even single pieces - this is just matter of price. This particular rings will cost $25 including priority mail shipping worldwide.
    cine-rings
    Interesting items. I saw so many different front sizes that I even didn't expect that there is any standard. I can make such rings as well at same price of $25.
    importing from USA often more than doubles the prices
    Yes, you'll save with me :-)
    Will order 33 to 77 rings tomorrow. As to 'cine rings', please give me your lens filter threads. Also, how long the smooth 80mm part should be for convenient use of push-on accessories? I don't have any to check.
    Thanks.

I'd be interested in a 33 to 77 step up ring as well. Is it possible to put up on your ebay site?

Hm... We have small problem. Reference book states that filter thread is M33x0.5, but actual thread on my lenses is M35.5x0.5.
    So, anyone interested in filter step rings - please measure your lenses' filter thread. Inner diameter should be 34.9mm for M35.5 or 32.4mm for M33.
    Thanks.