Thread: trailer to indy feature shot on bmc - why do you smell like the ocean? kevin baggott

1. #1 trailer to indy feature shot on bmc - why do you smell like the ocean? kevin baggott 
    https://vimeo.com/74427182

New trailer to a new indy feature shot on the BMC (ef version - pro-res)

Just thought I would throw this up. Just locked the film.
    Thanks for taking a look.
    Kevin

You've been busy, Kevin. Trailer interests me to learn more about the story. The night footage looks good, I like it. A few of the daytime shots look a little bright, but that is a personal preference and grading perspective I have. I wish I had an indie feature under my belt. Well done, have fun finishing, now that pictures are locked.

Thanks WhiteRabbit
    Kevin

Kevin, if you are willing share, would you please tell me how you recorded audio on this feature? I am interested to learn about the onset audio equipment used, and if recorded into BMCC for production use, or to an external audio recorder (post sync)? Thanks.

Hey whiterabbit,
    yeah it was recorded externally with the roland r-26 recorder.
    The sound on the trailer was not really mixed - like in pro-tools - just did what we could in final cut.
    kev

Kevin, with a feature length production, syncing the external audio recordings and lining them up, unless you had some method to record matching timecode between the BMMC and external audio recorder, were you manually lining up the external audio tracks to the BMCC scratch track, or did you use PluralEyes to assist in FCP, or other, since you mention PT?

no - no timecode - bmc doesn't have time code - unless I missed something - yeah just doing it manually - didn't use plural eyes - I know on last film editor tried using it - I guess it worked sometimes - just did it manually this time.
    Yeah had a rode mic pro on the camera recording scratch to help synch up.

Kevin, generated TC can be recorded onto one of the BMCC audio tracks (L or R) and audio scratch recorded on the other. More specific reference to applying this to the BMCC and other onset equipment has been discussed here.

ahhhh - thanks for the link