Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Production Cam Announcement by Grant Petty
    Can't believe this is not already posted and I missed it.

Hi,

I just want to give you an update on the 4K camera.

As we mentioned a few weeks ago, we received the production sensors much later than we expected. When we built cameras from them we saw some big differences in the images between these production sensors vs the pre production samples we originally received. What this means is that we have been working over the last few weeks to replace a bunch of the software in the camera that handles the sensor calibration and image processing.

It's taking a bit longer than we expected to do this and we think its going to take about 3 to 4 weeks more to get those changes done and to get the QA process completed before we can start shipping.

We apologize for the delays from the original promised date. Ultimately, image calibration is a very important step so we want to make sure this is done properly before shipping.

Regards,

Grant Petty
    Blackmagic Design

2. Collapse Details

Meanwhile, at the Evil Sensor Manufacturers Association Secret Headquarters... picture: we see meeting room with a long table, with business men on both sides laughing maniacally, we can barely see their faces, just a glow where their eyes are supposed to be.

Sorry, someone had to do that.

3. Collapse Details

Oh, another fan of "They Live" ? (Carpenter)

4. Collapse Details

Sensor issues again? ORLY?

dr-strangelove-war-room.jpg

Didn;t they copy and paste the same thing when blurp they issued with the original BMCC delay?

5. Collapse Details

Camera isn't shipped to announced date. That's obvious without Mr. Petty's message.
    3-4 more weeks? Does anybody really rely on that? I always wonder how or why people leave
    comments like "thank you" to these messages. Same as "we are looking into it". Thanks man.

6. Collapse Details

Sensor problems again...

mr_burns_wallpaper.jpg

7. Collapse Details

I like BMD. They are consistent.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fluoro View Post
    I like BMD. They are consistent.
    hahaha... That's why I already put in my mind to forget all the launching dates!
    I already have canceled all my orders, so... One day the cameras will be shipped, and after that (and after the huge & common problems), I will buy the second generation of the same product...
    Jorge De Silva - Photography & Filmmaking
    Personal Quote: "We should always learn from others! Life always teaches us something! Sharing is the key!"
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1843499/

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Clermond View Post
    Camera isn't shipped to announced date. That's obvious without Mr. Petty's message.
    3-4 more weeks? Does anybody really rely on that? I always wonder how or why people leave
    comments like "thank you" to these messages. Same as "we are looking into it". Thanks man.
    The reason people leave a thank you message is because we are being kept in the loop. The reason we weren't being kept in the loop was probably because of the inane stupidity that follows every update. I for one am glad BMD are talking to us. We should encourage it not rubbish it.
    Re the sensors I am surprised BMD got caught out again by a sensor manufacturer not delivering the same as the one chosen IE the BMCC having issues with the glass and now this with the production sensor being calibrated differently.
    Still. They are new at this and the delay is not that long for a new camera. Especially when you consider the problems with the Red Scarlet.
    I am very glad to hear it's not something that could jeopardise the camera being made at all and for those who really want this camera I would suggest a bit more patience and some manners. Keep the internet trolling to other play areas.

10. Collapse Details

Maybe I'm just getting old and bitter (ha) but you think by now they would have learnt to be a little more realistic or cautionary about their shipping dates given that their suppliers seem to be so unreliable when switching to "production" batches of components.

I dunno, it just seems embarrassing that this is happening again.