Thread: Extra connector on Decklink Mini Monitor?

1. #1 Extra connector on Decklink Mini Monitor? 
    So I've been looking at buying one of these cards, and something just caught my eye - what looks like an extra connection. I haven't found it mentioned anywhere, let alone what it may be used for. I'm guessing there's no current use for it, but maybe something for a future product/add-on? The only other device that seems to have this is the Mini Recorder. Anyone have any guesses, or even actual info?

Pic for reference:

After the card is manufactured then the eeprom needs to be flashed to establish the firmware for the first time on the card, it is not for the user,
    After establishing the firmware then it is possible to access the card from a PC to update the firmware and change settings .

Fascinating, thanks for the info. Would you happen to know why this isn't on any of their other cards (or any PCIe card I've used, for that matter)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Marshall View Post
    Fascinating, thanks for the info. Would you happen to know why this isn't on any of their other cards (or any PCIe card I've used, for that matter)?
    It depends on the design, sometimes the connector looks different ( a number pins stick out of the board ) and sometimes the eeprom is preloaded with the initial firmware before it was soldered to the board and then no problem to access it from a PC to update the firmware.

Awesome, thanks!