Thread: 1" and/or 2/3" TV zoom lenses for pocket

1. #1 1" and/or 2/3" TV zoom lenses for pocket 
    Yes i know there's already a lens thread, keep this one on this specific topic only.

There's already plenty of info on such lenses used on m43 sensors with vignetting or full coverage with 2x extenders. so theoretically all should work on the pocket, but as with anything, there are probably exceptions, and that's what i'd love to know.

my great hope is that the pocket will fill that void i opened when i sold my EX1 and have just used the C100, as great as it is, there's just no real eng zoom option for it.
    Darren Levine

he shoots, he edits, he frequently rants
    http://mediahalo.com/p/dlevine

2 /3" zooms won't cover without an extender.
    Best options at modest cost are the Angenieux 15-150 HEC f1.8 or the older f2.8 version. Ideal would probably be the Canon 8-64 T2.4 S16. Either can be rigged with external gears and motors for zoom and/or focus control, but no auto features with them.
    To me the solution that makes the most sense for run and gun with the pocket cam are the Lumix 12-35mm f2.8 and 35-100 f2.8 m4/3 lenses. No hassle, good image stabilization, compact size, good speed. Low profile stealth kit par excellence.

Interesting.
    I guess I'd be most interested in wide M4/3rds lenses for the no hassle factor. I've had a GH1 for years and never owned a Panny or Olly lens.
    The Canon TV lenses are very affordable though.