Thread: Focal Flange Distance Fix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So lame Eli, I'm about to ship mine back as well. Maybe it will magically be returned as an MFT for my trouble?

BM emailed me a fedex shipping label so unless I get charged for it, it looks like they are arranging for shipping now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuns View Post
    BM emailed me a fedex shipping label so unless I get charged for it, it looks like they are arranging for shipping now.
    Yep, if you ask for it they will. I shipped mine off too early, and then got a label the next day!

so... I spoke to BM this morning about the fact that it is not cool that I spent the money to ship the camera to them. I was promised a phone call from a manager that will "fix" this by the end of today. phone call never came in, so I called them just now only to be put on hold for 30 minutes before hearing "sorry but we can't give you the shipping money you spent back"
    I asked "can you at least expedite this so I can get my camera faster since you made me spend $85 on shipping and the response was "huh... NO"
    BM really starting to piss me off.

I'm in my 10th business day since the camera was shipped back to adjust the back focus issue and still no word as to when it will return to me.
    the folks at BMC are very nice and polite and ask me to allow them till this coming monday to find out what is going on with my camera...
    I will do that and keep the forum updated.

Did anyone get his camera back from calibrarion?
    Klaus David Erharter

Yup.
    All is good... No back focus issues any longer.

Are newer cameras less likely to have this issue?

This is my issue. I just received my BMCC EF from Adoram that I bought at NAB. I have yet to receive a response from Adorama if MY camera that I just got has had the issue fixed. I have emailed BM and no response as of yet there. Does anyone know of a way to check cameras via serial numbers or something to see if it has been fixed? Thanks.

Received my camera today from CVP in UK.

Could not focus past ~1 meter on the Tokina EF 11-16mm, on either end of the zoom, many of my primes does not hit infinity, including the Zeiss and Nikon's with Fotodiox Pro and Leica 24mm with Leitax.

Going straight back to BM, they supply pickup with UPS, so no costs involved and the shimming should take up to a couple of weeks, but hopefully sooner.