Thread: Be mindful of lens mount contacts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Be mindful of lens mount contacts 
    I don't know which adapter did it, but with the super tight BMC mount one of my adapters grated off 2 of my EF contacts. Luckily the iris and IS still work.

Got a note from Kristian at BM on there forum:

Hi,

While the damage won't be covered under warranty, it's not going to cost a lot to fix. Once you have the downtime and want to get it sorted, contact tech support and speak to Kaspar. He'll sort you out.

You should only have to pay for shipping to and from our Fremont office in the US which won't be much.

Some one on the BM forum suggested that it might be from a "chipped" adapter and I'm sure that is what has caused it. Time to get the chip off of them.

Last edited by Thekreative; 02-27-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Wow.. not worth it??? thats crazy!

Scares me to death!
    -Michael Beck
    RawCinema.net

Would it be possible to get a quote from them so we may see how "reasonable" their non-warranty repair costs are?

-Cheers

WOW

Seems like a simple fix, but not cost effective, sad

Just asked for a quote...... we'll see!

I wanted to see if there is a pin board that could be replaced like on most cameras but they said it was a lot more involved than that.

This might lead me to make mine a MFT mount. Its a project I've been thinking about. Seems simple enough! My machinist is pretty awesome!...... should I start a thread about it? Replaceable mounts like the old 35mm adapter days..... whats Letus' phone number?

Quote Originally Posted by Thekreative View Post

I wanted to see if there is a pin board that could be replaced like on most cameras but they said it was a lot more involved than that.

This might lead me to make mine a MFT mount. Its a project I've been thinking about. Seems simple enough! My machinist is pretty awesome!
    +1 yes, do this!

That part looks like it is removable... I just cant believe that you can't replace it... hmmm...
    -Michael Beck
    RawCinema.net

This might lead me to make mine a MFT mount. Its a project I've been thinking about. Seems simple enough! My machinist is pretty awesome!...... should I start a thread about it? Replaceable mounts like the old 35mm adapter days..... whats Letus' phone number?
    I will be so jealous if you do this.

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
    Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by mbeck View Post

That part looks like it is removable... I just cant believe that you can't replace it... hmmm...
    They probably want to make back some money though all these hiccups.

-Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kholi View Post
    I will be so jealous if you do this.
    Kholi, I'm really thinking of it. Set the main depth and have a set of interchangeable mounts that drop in. The EF mount is huge and would leave a ton of space if removed. I had a whole set on my 35mm setup, C/Y, Canon, Nikon, Leica, etc......

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyL View Post
    They probably want to make back some money though all these hiccups.

-Cheers
    Please, try not to make things up. Noone has any idea why it's so expensive to replace.

Kholi, I'm really thinking of it. Set the main depth and have a set of interchangeable mounts that drop in. The EF mount is huge and would leave a ton of space if removed. I had a whole set on my 35mm setup, C/Y, Canon, Nikon, Leica, etc......
    >:[ That's all I have to say. LoL

I've been pushing the hell out of the EF bodies, getting them on shoots, building solutions for production (hardware) and post, teaching people about it and the biggest missing links are not having a camera, and not having an MFT camera. I'm about to go into my own shoot and the glass... it can only BE MFT and I don't want to F65 or Epic. After the long, long wait... not being able to use the camera on my own stuff's just... HURRRRR_-

If someone else hobbles one together before me I might backflip off of a vacuum cleaner into a fire. And I can't do a backflip, it ends up turning into a sideflop; not elegant at all.

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
    Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer