Thread: Pocket 6K - Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let things go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel59 View Post
    L' Eté indien .. Indian Summer ... Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I hope you fully realize how Lucky you are to live in such a Beautiful Area ..

I imagine FLy Fishing in that Superb River ( with a No-Kill Philosophy .. ) . In many Ways , it's very similar to what we have here
    in Center France .. But your Nature is more Colourful , you have more Tree Species .. Really Beautiful ..

For Comparison , you'll find here a picture extracted from a Film made with a BMCC , Resolution 2.5 K , a Zeiss 50 , and an 1.33 anamorphic
    Adapter . Graded in Da Vinci .. Shot Full RAW .. C.Dng ..

Attachment 28333

It was an Overcast Day , it reminds me of the Smell of the Undergrowth , the Chestnuts Picking .. and the Taste of the " Saint Nectaire " Cheese ..

For the Fun , and in a French Spirit .. hoping it will bring you some Interest and a good Feeling , in the Honour of a French Poet and Singer , you'll
    find here a wonderful Poem and Song .. It was Another Time .. singers did not do many gestures on Scene .. but the Words were so Meaningful ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvjhsZYaofk

Maybe you understand French .. at least a bit .. Enjoy Life and Enjoy your Magnificent Nature ..

Have a Nice Week End / with my Best Regards from our Old France ..

Mike ..
    My grandmother came from France to America when she was 17. Unfortunately, I don’t speak French, but that still and song are beautiful. You are also a very good writer. Your words paint pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by GeranSimpson View Post
    Nice looking frame. Had to put some yeet on it

Attachment 28339
    Nice grade!

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    I'm just curious what your parameters are when you rendered it in 6K. I just got my BMP6K yesterday and today I did a little test. I shot in 6K (6144x3452) @ 24fps BRAW 3:1 and using Da Vinci Resolve 16.1, I brought it in to a timeline set to 6144x3452 @ 24fps. Then I rendered it out using MP4/H.264 at time resolution and frame rate. I tested with Quality set to High and Medium. The file rendered at high quality produced a very sluggish playback even on VLC. The file rendered at medium quality was fine on my powerful workstation but was somewhat sluggish playback on my i5 MacBook Pro. I wonder what would be a suitable render parameter for playback on YT or Vimeo, and even just on any regular PC/Laptop.
    If it’s a short video and I am working in resolve studio, I will output an 8k prores 422 or prores 422 hq file and upload that to YouTube. YouTube takes care of the compression. It’s slow, but the results seem good. Or I’ll bring it into media encoder (the 8k file from resolve) and use the YouTube 4K preset, but I will modify it. I crank the target nitrate to 150 and change the frame size to 8k (same as source). That seems to work well, too.

playing 6K or 8k at super high quality through QuickTime player on a computer will be tough on a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Michel59 View Post
    OK Geran , I have learnt a new word , Thanks .. OK , maybe you live in an area where Mother Nature is more Colourful ..

Personal Taste .. I don't like too Colourful , too Contrasty Images .. I feel Reality is often more Grey , maybe I have a Grey Soul ( Une Ame Grise , in French .. ) ..
    But Yes , the BMCC does a Beautiful Job .. and is still , for me , a Nice Camera . Every Camera is a different Tool , for a different Look .. Also , the Zeiss lens and the
    Anamorphic Adapter produce that Specific Look .. Something in-between Reality and a Painting ..

Have a Nice Week End , Thanks ..

My Best Regards from France ..

Mike ..
    “Yeet” doesn’t mean anything, it’s American slang for whatever you want, really. I just meant “my own style” in this context, because I couldn’t resist. Desaturated looks are great too! There are tons of ways a colorist can interpret a scene.

5. #15 Yeet ... 
    Quote Originally Posted by GeranSimpson View Post
    “Yeet” doesn’t mean anything, it’s American slang for whatever you want, really. I just meant “my own style” in this context, because I couldn’t resist. Desaturated looks are great too! There are tons of ways a colorist can interpret a scene.
    OK Geran , thanks for the Information ... Well , if it does not mean anything ... it's going to be hard for me to understand ......

I had found the Meaning at this Address :

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Yeet

and had interpreted it as " giving some Punch " ..

On that Address , if you go down to Paragraph number Two .. and Click several Times on the Small LoudSpeaker ... you get some " Questionable "
    Voices ...............

YOU MADE MY DAY ....... Now , I Know ....

It's Always very interesting for me to understand , or , at least , to try to understand , how other Human Beings , in Other Countries , think , and
    speak .... Often , a Word , has the same " Global Meaning " , but it's not exactly the same way to " See " , to Understand Things .. and so I try to Learn
    the " Spirit " , I would even say " The Soul " Behind it .. Very Instructive ..

Thanks Geran , have a Nice Day ...

With my Best Regards from our Old France ..

Mike ..