Thread: Petition - "BMD Buyers Matter"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    So we're comparing "my warranty is too short" with "police killed my brother" or "my boss raped me"? WOW
    It's not a bad idea if things are kept in proportion, without any hysteria.... I propose it's a general pettition for $1000+ camcorders though - not just BMD. In as many years I've been into this hobby, I've both had and seen camcorders fail after months or barely a year without any redress from manufacurers, including Canon and Sony. The issue is not isolated to BlackMagic cameras but to almost all brands. Examples being Sony EX3, Sony FX tape drive and more

But be careful not to turn it into a witch hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    So we're comparing "my warranty is too short" with "police killed my brother" or "my boss raped me"? WOW
    This guy was literally waiting to be outraged. lol

Needlessly hyperbolic, tasteless, and insensitive.

Having said that we all get upset about things and fly off the handle on the internet sometimes. That doesn't make someone evil. Maybe just restate your position in a different way.

Also there hasn't been a spike in cops being convicted of murder or a drop in the number of rapes, so I don't know why someone would call these campaigns a "success". I've seen more mocking of the campaigns than concrete irreversible gains. So just completely wrong on all fronts.

I think itís quite obvious that Samuel H was just spoofing the ridiculous nature of petitioning against a single company for offering an industry standard one year warranty. Itís not exactly a serious issue. Youíre going to accomplish nothing doing it, and there is no clear solution behind it.

If youíre going to be angry at BMDís one year warranty, then you have to be angry at one year warranties in general. You have to be angry at Panasonic, Sony, Apple, etc...

I paid $34K for a brand new car, and it only had a 30K mile warranty, and that warranty lasted less than two years. Two years for $34K. Suddenly one year for $6K doesnít seem so bad.

The best any company can do is offer an extended warranty for a price. You as a consumer can purchase third party warranties. Also, if youíre using your camera for work, get insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I think it’s quite obvious that Samuel H was just spoofing the ridiculous nature of petitioning against a single company for offering an industry standard one year warranty. It’s not exactly a serious issue. You’re going to accomplish nothing doing it, and there is no clear solution behind it.

If you’re going to be angry at BMD’s one year warranty, then you have to be angry at one year warranties in general. You have to be angry at Panasonic, Sony, Apple, etc...

I paid $34K for a brand new car, and it only had a 30K mile warranty, and that warranty lasted less than two years. Two years for $34K. Suddenly one year for $6K doesn’t seem so bad.

The best any company can do is offer an extended warranty for a price. You as a consumer can purchase third party warranties. Also, if you’re using your camera for work, get insurance.
    The voice of logic and reason.

You guys are missing it completely. Itís not about the warranty, itís about the lack of service.........and yes the title is ridiculous.

Yawn at people predictably making everything about politics.

You're SO boring. No one wants to hear it anymore, except in political groups.

Here's something to think about: censorship, and political correctness are the enemies of artists, but employ propagandists.

Im not saying which side is right, Im saying it has nothing to do with this forum or this topic, so shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie Roll View Post
    You guys are missing it completely. Itís not about the warranty, itís about the lack of service.........and yes the title is ridiculous.
    It's not lack of service per se - it's more as to why it would cost more then the camera itself to replace the sensor. I'm all for making manufacturers accountabe for any design defect - but implying BlackMagic lack service is incorrect and unfair.

This is the same as asking why Sony charges $300 to replace a $10 battery in one of their cameras. Service costs money, paying for a service shop costs money, a lot of today’s cameras can be replaced for less than the cost of trying to repair them. Often BMD does not fix a camera under its warranty, they replace them with new cameras.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    This is the same as asking why Sony charges $300 to replace a $10 battery in one of their cameras. Service costs money, paying for a service shop costs money, a lot of today’s cameras can be replaced for less than the cost of trying to repair them. Often BMD does not fix a camera under its warranty, they replace them with new cameras.
    Cheers
    Right on!
    We cannot make a manufacturer accountable to fix an out of warranty camera that will cost them (or us) more than the camera itself. Maybe we should start talking about where we can avail of 3rd party extended warranty that's not constraint to 30 days after purchase but after the 1 year manufacturer's warranty expires.