Thread: Just tested braw in Premiere pro cc .... who else is switching?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by core_50 View Post
    I've tried to switch to resolve like millions of times, but it just feels so clumsy. Clip snapping feature is so rough, it makes me want to go premiere pro, like immediately. They should add snapping tolerance setting, otherwise using a mouse becomes a pain in the ass. I can list the points why I think Premiere Pro is better than Resolve in a several pages of this topic, and while this is being my personal preference, I just cannot imagine how a human being can choose Resolve over Premiere Pro, APART from a golden medal feature of Resolve of being free.
    I have been using Resolve Studio (not free) since day one and I won't trade Resolve for Premier Pro at all. My son uses PP and loves it. I get that it has editing features that are nice and lots of 3rd party effects/transitions/plugins but I just cannot fathom grading in the layered timeline. I'm so use to nodes and it makes more sense and a cleaner coloring workflow for me.
    Last edited by EYu; 09-20-2019 at 08:12 PM.

I find the edit part of Resolve to be good enough for what I do. It took me some effort to switch, but now that I'm used to it, I'm staying: the color tab is AMAZING, and of course the price is a huge advantage: those Adobe suscriptions add up real quick

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    I have been using Resolve Studio (not free) since day one and I won't trade Resolve for Premier Pro at all. My son uses PP and loves it. I get that it has editing features that are nice and lots of 3rd party effects/transitions/plugins but I just cannot fathom grading in the layered timeline. I'm so use to nodes and it makes more sense and a clearer coloring workflow for me.
    I was actually referring to the editing part of Resolve, my bad, should have pointed that out. When it comes to the colors, it is a completely different story, I love the node approach myself.
    @Samuel H - I think much more users will start to use Resolve (for edit), if it gets some critical UI updates. And if that happens, Adobe with it's subscriptions would have to come up with something radical too, to save it's user base.

Blackmagic RAW 1.5.1 is now available on the website and contains performance and stability improvements for the Adobe and Avid plugins:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/
    Blackmagic Design
    My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Any news re the new pocket 4k firmware?

Quote Originally Posted by core_50 View Post
    I've tried to switch to resolve like millions of times, but it just feels so clumsy. Clip snapping feature is so rough, it makes me want to go premiere pro, like immediately. They should add snapping tolerance setting, otherwise using a mouse becomes a pain in the ass. I can list the points why I think Premiere Pro is better than Resolve in a several pages of this topic, and while this is being my personal preference, I just cannot imagine how a human being can choose Resolve over Premiere Pro, APART from a golden medal feature of Resolve of being free.
    Whoa, what's going on here?

So Resolve isn't all it's cracked up to be.

I guess you get what you pay for.

Well, maybe a little more with Resolve.

For some, it's not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainHook View Post
    Blackmagic RAW 1.5.1 is now available on the website and contains performance and stability improvements for the Adobe and Avid plugins:

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/
    oh! that just fixed the exposure flare issue in the monitor window I was having. way to go! Thanks!