Thread: The difference in sensor size between P4k and P6k is not as big as you'd think

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    My initial love with speedboosters has faded away a bit, but if this inside-the-mount glass module works reasonably well (my doubts come from the fact that the distance from mount to sensor is not reduced, as in the metabones speedbooster), then it makes the p6k almost into a full frame camera, which is interesting...
    This is interesting. Would this adapter reduce the the crop factor when shooting at 2.8k? Would it affect the anamorphic capabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    The mft mount made sense for the original cinema cam because of the small sensor size, and then never did come out with an electronic native lens on that body, they have come a long way since then, but might need some convincing that an MFT mount on a s35 sensor makes sense, has a market. I would skip the 4k and keep saving if they would, but personally not much interest in the ef 6k.
    You are right. I am just trying to figure out a way to get the fuji mk lenses on a black Magic S35 camera. Black Magic could make something like Kinefinity does with the kine mount to e mount or fuji could just make an ef version of the lens. Or they could both offer an RF mount. In the end I may just take another look at the Sony PL prime set if other options don't surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendt View Post
    You are right. I am just trying to figure out a way to get the fuji mk lenses on a black Magic S35 camera. Black Magic could make something like Kinefinity does with the kine mount to e mount or fuji could just make an ef version of the lens. Or they could both offer an RF mount. In the end I may just take another look at the Sony PL prime set if other options don't surface.
    The mk fujinon lenses would be great on the 6k, if they would make an mft mount version. Maybe start a thread on the official forum, or send feedback to someone at blackmagic, if there is enough demand maybe they would make it happen.

The mk fujinon lenses would be great on the 6k, if they would make an mft mount version. Maybe start a thread on the official forum, or send feedback to someone at blackmagic, if there is enough demand maybe they would make it happen.
    Same for me. I had hopes z cam would keep their s6 mft version as stated when the camera was announced but doesnt look like they are now. I just wish BM would design some kind of mount that would be removable. Even if they didnt want to make mounts for their cameras let other companies do the adapters.

The problem with this idea, is the MFT mount diameter is too small to allow coverage of the full S35/APS/C sensor, it would porthole the image, so the MK Fujinon lens would not cover the larger size sensor. Yiu need a large diameter, short FFD Mount like the FF mirrorless Cameras are using, or stick with larger format lens mounts, like EF and PL. personally, I would like to have seen a “hot shoe” PL. lint that uses the new Cooke i technology type of lens info to the camera, as used on the Ursa Mini PL mounts.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    The problem with this idea, is the MFT mount diameter is too small to allow coverage of the full S35/APS/C sensor, it would porthole the image, so the MK Fujinon lens would not cover the larger size sensor. Yiu need a large diameter, short FFD Mount like the FF mirrorless Cameras are using, or stick with larger format lens mounts, like EF and PL. personally, I would like to have seen a “hot shoe” PL. lint that uses the new Cooke i technology type of lens info to the camera, as used on the Ursa Mini PL mounts.
    Cheers
    The JVC camera is a micro four thirds mount with an APS-C sized sensor so the mount size may not be an issue

The JVC modified the baffle to allow for the larger sensor. The mount itself is no smaller than other mirrorless mounts, including e- mount. full frame is not possible due to the pin placement.

Indeed, let me post this again:

If you are a speedbooster user you would actually be losing quite a lot of effective sensor size to move to the P6k.
    I like how it took less than a week for this proclamation to be thoroughly debunked. I really wish people would put their personal biases aside and realize 6k+ and Super35+ are the future. Honestly I would think we would blow past s35 pretty quickly but there is a massive overhang of great s35 glass out there. Really FF 8k will be prevalent and affordable in a few years.

This is the the argument about 1080p and 4k. Go to your local electronics store. How many 1080p TVs do they have? Okay. So why even talk about 1080p TVs? Well, scientifcally, blah, blah, blah... who cares? They don't make 1080p TVs anymore.

Same will happen with sensor size. Besides specialty cameras the days of Blackmagic putting m43 sensors into bodies is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    My initial love with speedboosters has faded away a bit, but if this inside-the-mount glass module works reasonably well (my doubts come from the fact that the distance from mount to sensor is not reduced, as in the metabones speedbooster), then it makes the p6k almost into a full frame camera, which is interesting...
    Once again posting the truth!