Thread: FYI: Angelbird got a Promo sale for Ursa Mini & PCC4k media

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 FYI: Angelbird got a Promo sale for Ursa Mini & PCC4k media 
    Guys, as you might know I got a direct link to Angelbird when I organized a group buy of their media.
    Got a call from Roman, the CEO of Angelbird that they have a great summer sale some of you might be interested in. They have updated their CFast 2.0 cards with increased sustained write speeds of 490 MB/s (up to 498 MB/s). Every match pack unit is 100% tested and Blackmagic certified.

And with every order of a match pack they are throwing in their all new CFast2.0 card reader for free, which got a great review on newsshooters.

Match pack offers:

Match pack for URSA Mini with 2x 256 GB CFast2.0 cards for $399.90 (previously $649)

Match pack for PCC4k with 1 x CFast 2.0 + SSD2GO PKT in RED or GREY (including mounting bracket) for $399.90

Match pack for UMP with 2x 256 GB CFast2.0 cards and 2 x AV PRO SD 128 GB V90
    (couldn't find the $ price for that, sorry)

You can order here, they have international shipping:
    https://www.angelbird.com/category/m...ic-design-210/

Promo Code for the free CFast reader: FreeReaderBlackmagic

Hope that's helpful for some of you guys. :-)
    Last edited by Robert Niessner; 07-30-2019 at 07:24 AM.

wow.. such a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Niessner View Post
    Guys, as you might know I got a direct link to Angelbird when I organized a group buy of their media.
    Got a call from Roman, the CEO of Angelbird that they have a great summer sale some of you might be interested in. They have updated their CFast 2.0 cards with increased sustained write speeds of 490 MB/s (up to 498 MB/s). Every match pack unit is 100% tested and Blackmagic certified (although not on current official list - they have the testing protocols from BMD).

And with every order of a match pack they are throwing in their all new CFast2.0 card reader for free, which got a great review on newsshooters.

Match pack offers:

Match pack for URSA Mini with 2x 256 GB CFast2.0 cards for $399.90 (previously $649)

Match pack for PCC4k with 1 x CFast 2.0 + SSD2GO PKT in RED or GREY (including mounting bracket) for $399.90

Match pack for UMP with 2x 256 GB CFast2.0 cards and 2 x AV PRO SD 128 GB V90
    (couldn't find the $ price for that, sorry)

You can order here, they have international shipping:
    https://www.angelbird.com/category/m...ic-design-210/

Promo Code for the free CFast reader: FreeReaderBlackmagic

Hope that's helpful for some of you guys. :-)
    This is a great deal. Do you know when it expires?

Shawn

Shawn, the deal with the CFast reader for free will last until July, 31st 2019. But the new price for the match packs will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Niessner View Post
    Shawn, the deal with the CFast reader for free will last until July, 31st 2019. But the new price for the match packs will stay.
    Thanks Robert, that's fantastic. I've been really impressed with the quality of products from Angelbird, so I'm looking forward to purchasing a few of these readers.

Shawn

Purchased! Was looking for some CFast for the new G2. Thanks again OP!

Match pack for URSA Mini with 2x 256 GB CFast2.0 cards for 467.88 Euro
    How come its more expensive?

It is an Austrian company, a member of the EU but it charges customers from EU countries way more than they do for US customers especially when you factor in the differences in the euro compare to the dollar.
    Last edited by Taikonaut; 07-24-2019 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    Match pack for URSA Mini with 2x 256 GB CFast2.0 cards for 467.88 Euro
    How come its more expensive?

It is an Austrian company, a member of the EU but it charges customers from EU countries way more than they do for US customers especially when you factor in the differences in the euro compare to the dollar.
    No. You have to look closer. In most EU countries you have to show prices including VAT tax, while in the US prices are without tax.
    So the € 467.88 are with 20% VAT. If you order from outside Austria, you can dial in your VAT ID and get charged without VAT, that means it costs € 389.90
    If you order from within Austria, you have to pay the price with VAT, Angelbird has to report the amount of VAT to the tax office. And if you have an Austrian VAT ID, you can claim the VAT back from the tax office.

US$399 is equal to euro 359 plus 20% is around euro 430 equals being charged more

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    US$399 is equal to euro 359 plus 20% is around euro 430 equals being charged more
    I've asked my wife who is an auditor and tax consultant: Angelbird probably do bill in US $, because they have to source electronic components from Asian markets and are selling internationally. They can't just use the daily updated exchange rate, they have to factor in a save margin.
    When I order from Amazon.com for example, they are offering me a 0.95 Euro for 1 $ exchange rate, although the current exchange rate is 1.12 Euro for 1 $.