Thread: Davinci Resolve is rubbish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    'Resolve is rubbish'...

Quote Originally Posted by stip View Post
    'Resolve is rubbish'...
    Then don't use it. It's that simple. Maybe you need to RTFM!

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Then don't use it. It's that simple. Maybe you need to RTFM!
    +1
    I was quoting thread title, thought the message was clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
    Resolve became my only NLE since version 12 and is working great.
    Since than, I did a ton of commercial projects without any issues to write home about.

The problem is siting definitely in front of the monitor here.

A lot of obnoxious quotes here without addressing the actual problem. Let me reiterate for you one more time - there were NO changes made in between my last session with Davinci resolve where audio was working to now. Everything, EVERYTHING else works audio wise outside of davinci. If it's a problem that can be commonly solved by "RTFM", please enlighten me.

Second, all you need to do is a quick google search akin to "no audio playback in resolve" and you will find loads of people with the same problem, seemingly out of nowhere. (The same can be said for the dual monitor bug) There are about 4-5 different fixes designed to troubleshoot the problem, which don't always work. If i seem distressed, it's because I rely on this editor and I have a bunch of projects that are due relatively soon. I enjoy coloring on Davinci, I enjoy editing here. But it is not, in my experience, reliable. If this is somehow a USER error I'd be the happiest person to report back and say so.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Before you jump to conclusion and panic, check your configurations out. You might just have accidentally change stuff. So do this (look at the screenshot I attached) and it might help you figure it out...

1. Check your Preference and make sure you are using either the System Setting for speakers or select the correct speaker you want to use.
    Attachment 28081

2. If #1 still does not do it, then go to the FUSION tab and select MAIN. Hope this helps and calms you down. Cheers.
    Attachment 28082

If that don't do it, call BMD Support. Resolve works as advertised. I personally will tell you that if there is something that is in their documentation and it doesn't work, it's likely I have missed it, hence user error and it happens to everyone specially those new to the software. Now if it crashes, then that is a software issue.
    Hey, thank you for your suggestion. I have gone the use system settings route for the speaker and even tried manually selecting them. Still no audio. However, I'm not sure what you mean by selecting "main". I have never used fusion and I don't see a "Main" setting on fusion, your attachments also are not showing up.

Hey, Sorry for the mix-up - I meant FAIRLIGHT tab, not FUSION. I'm not sure why you are not seeing the screenshot. Anyway, here is the screenshot showing the "MAIN" selection.

Fairlight-tab.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by RomanStone View Post
    A lot of obnoxious quotes here without addressing the actual problem. Let me reiterate for you one more time - there were NO changes made in between my last session with Davinci resolve where audio was working to now. Everything, EVERYTHING else works audio wise outside of davinci. selecting "main". I have never used fusion and I don't see a "Main" setting on fusion, your attachments also are not showing up.
    So you really say, that over night, while you computer is sleeping, Resolve went into your system and changed something, so you don't have audio at the next time you start it up? And that it only happens to a few people, cause they somehow got a "special version" of Resolve, while the rest of us got the audio working just fine?

If it is just a Resolve problem, shouldn't we all have it?

And since we all see the attachments, but you don't, maybe Resolve went into your system over nicht again, and changed an other setting - yeah, Resolve must be rubbish then.
    Last edited by Frank Glencairn; 07-16-2019 at 02:57 PM.

it's because I rely on this editor and I have a bunch of projects that are due relatively soon. I enjoy coloring on Davinci, I enjoy editing here. But it is not, in my experience, reliable.
    So in your experience Resolve is unreliable, yet you rely on it, on a beta version of it, for a bunch of projects, due soon.

A lot of obnoxious quotes here without addressing the actual problem.
    If you want to have the actual problem addressed, starting with 'Resolve is rubbish' may not give you only the results you want.

My suggestion would have been to change khz settings on the system but you already tried that.

A lot of obnoxious quotes here without addressing the actual problem. Let me reiterate for you one more time - there were NO changes made in between my last session with Davinci resolve where audio was working to now. Everything, EVERYTHING else works audio wise outside of davinci. If it's a problem that can be commonly solved by "RTFM", please enlighten me.

Second, all you need to do is a quick google search akin to "no audio playback in resolve" and you will find loads of people with the same problem, seemingly out of nowhere. (The same can be said for the dual monitor bug) There are about 4-5 different fixes designed to troubleshoot the problem, which don't always work. If i seem distressed, it's because I rely on this editor and I have a bunch of projects that are due relatively soon. I enjoy coloring on Davinci, I enjoy editing here. But it is not, in my experience, reliable. If this is somehow a USER error I'd be the happiest person to report back and say so.

Hey, thank you for your suggestion. I have gone the use system settings route for the speaker and even tried manually selecting them. Still no audio. However, I'm not sure what you mean by selecting "main". I have never used fusion and I don't see a "Main" setting on fusion, your attachments also are not showing up.

Maybe your OS had an automatic update and changed something?