Thread: Stationary mask with a Moving image

1. #1 Stationary mask with a Moving image 
    I have a few clips that I'm trying to edit in Resolve. They are both shot straight overhead and are spinning. In individually grading each clip in Resolve I also made some slight adjustments to their position as to center of the frame with the sizing tools.

I'm now trying to create a square frame around each image and place of couple of them side by side over a white background. The square frame would become a stationary mask and would need to be transparent. I've been trying to create the frame in the color workspace by adding a node dedicated to the masking window. Once I create the square I hover over the node window and right click for osx to 'Add Alpha Output' Then I connect the blue dots. It works great but I cannot disconnect the size window from the sizing in my initial grade, which makes my entire square move around.

Solving this in AE is a cinch but I'm running out of ideas here in Resolve.

Any thoughts?

This sounds like something that should be done in the Fusion page, or in AE/any compositor instead of trying to hack the color page.

Quote Originally Posted by GeranSimpson View Post
    This sounds like something that should be done in the Fusion page, or in AE/any compositor instead of trying to hack the color page.
    It's no big deal in AE. I'm trying to keep a couple of project in Resolve throughout though. I'm moving into another fusion tutorial as we speak. Not much out there that I could find casting on the Internet.