Thread: Behind the scenes with Ursa Mini Pro G2, Ronin 2, Supreme Primes

1. #1 Behind the scenes with Ursa Mini Pro G2, Ronin 2, Supreme Primes 
    I just directed a Kpop music video using 2x Ursa Mini Pro G2s and a Pocket4K. We used the new Zeiss Supreme Primes on all three cameras, as well as the Contax Zeiss 21mm on the Pocket4K for some wider shots. A Cam (G2 PL) was on the Ronin 2 and we use Tilta's Armorman to handle the weight. The camera, a Teradek wireless video feed and the wireless focus well all powered by the Ronin 2 allowing for a nice and clean setup. B Cam (G2 PL) was on shoulder mount with the EVF, allowing for much quicker shooting when the Ronin 2 wasn't required. The C Cam (Pocket4K with PL or 0.64x EF Speedbooster) used briefly for some wide "crane-like" shots with Ronin-S mounted on a monopod as well as some B-Roll with the Supremes.

We used 2x Arri T2s below large diffusion panels, 3x Arri skypanels for moods/details and 3x Arri 650w for some backlighting etc. A lot of bouncing around and flagging as well of course. Finally we used many practical LED tubes and neon strips to set the mood.

Checking out the footage, the G2 made an impressive difference to the "motion cadence" of the image especially during the choreographies since the fast readout allowed for sharp and natural motion when the camera was moving fast back and fourth on the Ronin 2, while rolling and with the idols and dance team dancing fast of course. We didn't experience the slightest hickup with any technical aspect and all shots are clean and good looking. Another major benefit to the image were also the lenses. I own a 15-lens Contax Zeiss set and while they are great lenses, the moment you put the Supreme on and you have a look at the screen, you know something serious is going on. Incredible lenses with refined character and no compromises. It was quite weird to see them on the Pocket4K as well; not just because they are huge compared to the body but because it's really rare to see that kind of optical quality paired with it.

The behind the scenes below were shot using a Pocket4K, Viltrox and Contax 35-70. The music video is for delivery at the end of the month I will post it up then.

Your links don't work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Your links don't work for me.
    I don't have any links. You mean the images? Weird they work well in incognito both Windows and Android.

They show up now. Must have been a temporary hiccup.