Thread: Need 2-handed Gimbal advice for P4k

1. #1 Need 2-handed Gimbal advice for P4k 
    Can anyone post examples or experience with a 2-handed gimbal, wireless follow focus, easyrig combo for the P4k? I have an all-day music video shoot coming up and single handed gimbals will be way too exhausting.

I won't have an AC most likely, so I will be pulling focus myself. No wireless video needed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _OZ View Post
    Can anyone post examples or experience with a 2-handed gimbal, wireless follow focus, easyrig combo for the P4k? I have an all-day music video shoot coming up and single handed gimbals will be way too exhausting.

I won't have an AC most likely, so I will be pulling focus myself. No wireless video needed.

Thanks
    I've used a ronin s and a tilta g2x with their wireless follow focus and spring handles on both

https://imgur.com/a/vmYQzX0

Quote Originally Posted by Park Edwards View Post
    I've used a ronin s and a tilta g2x with their wireless follow focus and spring handles on both

Which do you prefer for tmrw bmpc4k and why?

Quote Originally Posted by RomanStone View Post
    Which do you prefer for tmrw bmpc4k and why?

I'm sorry, what does tmrw mean? I know it as tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Park Edwards View Post

Interesting, but I need a solution that includes an easyrig type support as well. This will be an all-day shoot with many takes, each lasting close to the full length of the music track. I don't think it's realistic to hold something for that long even with two hands, without offloading some of the weight to the hips.

Quote Originally Posted by _OZ View Post
    Interesting, but I need a solution that includes an easyrig type support as well. This will be an all-day shoot with many takes, each lasting close to the full length of the music track. I don't think it's realistic to hold something for that long even with two hands, without offloading some of the weight to the hips.
    Yeah, you'll definitelly need some sort of support if you're going to use it like that. The P4K balances well on the Ronin-M (and I'm sure the MX and Original). Then rent an Easy Rig with a Serene arm or possibly a Steadimate system instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Grasso View Post
    Yeah, you'll definitelly need some sort of support if you're going to use it like that. The P4K balances well on the Ronin-M (and I'm sure the MX and Original). Then rent an Easy Rig with a Serene arm or possibly a Steadimate system instead.
    Joe, when you say the Ronin M balances well on the Ronin-M and MX are you speaking from experience? I'm reading and finding very mixed results online. It seems that the cage is too narrow so workarounds are required (angled adapters for anything plugging into the side of the camera like HDMI and needing a heavy/long enough lens to force the camera's balance point farther back to get the camera behind the narrow cage).

In my case, I'm not going to purchase but rather rent, so I won't be able to fiddle with it forever and source odd bits and pieces to make it work. Thus, I need a proven solution and am looking for someone to confirm a combination that they have made work. The problem is that everyone is using these cams with single handed gimbals, which makes sense but is useless for an all day shoot.