Thread: Need 2-handed Gimbal advice for P4k

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1 Need 2-handed Gimbal advice for P4k 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    202
    Can anyone post examples or experience with a 2-handed gimbal, wireless follow focus, easyrig combo for the P4k? I have an all-day music video shoot coming up and single handed gimbals will be way too exhausting.

    I won't have an AC most likely, so I will be pulling focus myself. No wireless video needed.

    Thanks
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by _OZ View Post
    Can anyone post examples or experience with a 2-handed gimbal, wireless follow focus, easyrig combo for the P4k? I have an all-day music video shoot coming up and single handed gimbals will be way too exhausting.

    I won't have an AC most likely, so I will be pulling focus myself. No wireless video needed.

    Thanks
    I've used a ronin s and a tilta g2x with their wireless follow focus and spring handles on both

    https://imgur.com/a/vmYQzX0
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Park Edwards View Post
    I've used a ronin s and a tilta g2x with their wireless follow focus and spring handles on both

    https://imgur.com/a/vmYQzX0

    Which do you prefer for tmrw bmpc4k and why?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanStone View Post
    Which do you prefer for tmrw bmpc4k and why?

    I'm sorry, what does tmrw mean? I know it as tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Park Edwards View Post
    I've used a ronin s and a tilta g2x with their wireless follow focus and spring handles on both

    https://imgur.com/a/vmYQzX0

    Interesting, but I need a solution that includes an easyrig type support as well. This will be an all-day shoot with many takes, each lasting close to the full length of the music track. I don't think it's realistic to hold something for that long even with two hands, without offloading some of the weight to the hips.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by _OZ View Post
    Interesting, but I need a solution that includes an easyrig type support as well. This will be an all-day shoot with many takes, each lasting close to the full length of the music track. I don't think it's realistic to hold something for that long even with two hands, without offloading some of the weight to the hips.
    Yeah, you'll definitelly need some sort of support if you're going to use it like that. The P4K balances well on the Ronin-M (and I'm sure the MX and Original). Then rent an Easy Rig with a Serene arm or possibly a Steadimate system instead.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Grasso View Post
    Yeah, you'll definitelly need some sort of support if you're going to use it like that. The P4K balances well on the Ronin-M (and I'm sure the MX and Original). Then rent an Easy Rig with a Serene arm or possibly a Steadimate system instead.
    Joe, when you say the Ronin M balances well on the Ronin-M and MX are you speaking from experience? I'm reading and finding very mixed results online. It seems that the cage is too narrow so workarounds are required (angled adapters for anything plugging into the side of the camera like HDMI and needing a heavy/long enough lens to force the camera's balance point farther back to get the camera behind the narrow cage).

    In my case, I'm not going to purchase but rather rent, so I won't be able to fiddle with it forever and source odd bits and pieces to make it work. Thus, I need a proven solution and am looking for someone to confirm a combination that they have made work. The problem is that everyone is using these cams with single handed gimbals, which makes sense but is useless for an all day shoot.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Gimbal Advice
    By chrisso in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-26-2018, 04:18 PM
  2. NEW Pilotfly One-handed gimbal that lets you see the rear screen !
    By Stefan Antonescu in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-30-2017, 12:14 PM
  3. best single handed gimbal for bmpcc: beholder ds1 vs pilotfly H1+
    By goofygrape in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-17-2016, 12:56 AM
  4. Rig/lens advice advice (yeah, another one of those threads...)
    By SureThing in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-23-2015, 12:30 PM
  5. Ronin M VS MOZA Gimbal: which is the best gimbal for BMPCC?
    By Sabrina in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-27-2015, 06:53 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •