Thread: Ursa Mini Pro 4.6K G2 first thoughts and footage

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I thought I would share this interview here! DP Jody Eldred discussing the G2 and Blackmagic in general.

Jody says he does not work for BMD despite his knowledge about the company's cameras but he mention that a friend who use to work at Apple after switching employment to BMD was keen to sought his involvement in BMD camera development. He certainly gave the impression his input has help led to the developmemt of UMP and G2.

Yes, his and about a half dozen others including John Brawley, who test shoots most of BMD’s new cameras, and was involved in the development of the original BMCC.
    Cheers

Some people seem to define "employment" as being paid a nominal wage in exchange for work which is fair point. However I'm of the opinion that "involvement" while not officially employed can be considered a partnership even if it is a favour. I've met people who are unnamed directors not officially on the payroll of the company but has all the rights and perks to influence decisions and benefit in different ways other than direct payments. I guess nobody does anything for nothing at least not trying to. Lending your name by endorsement particularly if you are recognise in the industry is a big help too.

But lending your name to an inferior product would be detrimental for your reputation. So, it depends on mutual respect (and courage too).
    Remember: Peter Jackson shot on an early Red One when nobody who was taken serious in the industry gave a damn about them.

If it was back in 2017 I would say a well known DP would be putting a reputational risk by public endorsement but to do it now would be very safe since the UM4.6k sensor has firmly established itself and exorcised many of the problems early adopters had exprienced. Unlike Peter Jackson who did took reputational risk with the Red One.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    I thought I would share this interview here! DP Jody Eldred discussing the G2 and Blackmagic in general.
    Good interview! I'm just petty enough to smile a big smile every time a serious pro says BMD needed ND filters in their cameras. If anyone remembers the bad old days those of us that wanted that were told, very smugly, that real cinema cameras don't have those.