Thread: Sneak preview: BMPCC4K ergonomic Bluetooth grip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sneak preview: BMPCC4K ergonomic Bluetooth grip 
    *** UPDATE ***
    Pre-order page is now live:
    https://www.elementgear.eu/product-c...kmagic-design/

There's a introduction video linked in the product page for more information.

Allright folks, I have some good news. In a couple of weeks I will launch a pre-order page for a BMPCC4K ergonomic Bluetooth grip! I've teamed up with Csaba Nagy to create a rec/stop triggered grip that will connect to the BMPCC4K via bluetooth. It's powered through a LEMO plug on the bottom of the grip (customer can choose D-Tap, USB, USB-C, DC for the other end).

What you get:
    - Rec/stop functionality for the BMPCC4K in a sleek package;
    - Wireless connected to the BMPCC4K (but you need a power cord);
    - Can use with a gimbal as well, as long as it's within a few meters and you can power the grip;
    - The grip itself is super comfortable made of walnut wood in the style of Aaton / ErgoCine / Kinogrip / Movigrip;
    - Finished with beeswax/linseed oil for a comfortable hold (1000 times more comfortable to hold than lacquered grips - which most Chinese grips are);
    - Available in 2 sizes;
    - Available with long or short "support" piece;
    - Available as a LEFT or RIGHT hand grip;
    - As means of warranty / service I will exchange the microchip for free (in the first year, and after that for cost price).

You can check out my other designs at http://www.elementgear.eu so you know what you can expect. In the second attached (mockup) picture you will see an aluminium plate with the rosette that will house the microcontroller. It's still in the design stage, but you'll get an idea what to expect.

Price will be around € 400 or so. Availability will be EXTREMELY limited (max. 25 pieces) as they are all CNC machined in tiny batched at a local fablab, and finished by hand. Each grip takes me multiple hours to make and they are all made with lots of love

If you're interested please keep on the lookout here on this site, or PM me so you're the first to get the pre-order link. After the pre-order period (probably two weeks) the grips are made and shipped within a month or so.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Ruben de Boer; 05-31-2019 at 04:42 AM.

400? Lol Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper90s View Post
    400? Lol Goodluck
    Having a laugh seeing the price....

Seems appropriate for a custom sized, hand-crafted grip for a niche use like a camera with luxury in mind. Blackmagic isn't the only manufacturer this is made for. You have to remember it's not mass produced, he takes your hand measurements and makes one to fit you.

A little wooden assistant's box can cost that much.
    Last edited by GeranSimpson; 05-21-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Nice looking product and badly needed! I personally wouldn't pay more that $100 US for it though. Best of luck with it, hope it catches on!

This is cool and all, but there are some nice handles like this already with lanc, sucks that they left it off this camera, but maybe a better project would be a simple box that converts lanc to Bluetooth.

Ruben, I have been designing custom cabinets and furniture taking them through manufacturing to delivery for 35+ years. You price is very very fair. Just wanted you to know. Mark

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    maybe a better project would be a simple box that converts lanc to Bluetooth.
    oh! yes pls! I already have a really nice Wooden Camera wooden side handle with the LANC trigger box. Just a box that sends BT on/off would be perfect. oh! also would that work on the Tilta Nucleus N controller?
    Last edited by tmronin; 05-22-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks to all the wonderful programming work by Csaba Nagy we now have 4 products to choose from with Bluetooth connectivity:

Trigger Box
    Nucleus Nano controller
    Wooden grip
    Wooden sphere

All 4 pre-order pages are now open:
    https://ble4k.com/
    https://www.elementgear.eu/product-c...kmagic-design/

I'm especially proud of the wooden sphere which looks like a UFO or something from a submarine. There's also an introduction video linked in the product page.

Hi Ruben,

Congratulations for the hard work!

Question about a potential custom order: do you think it would be possible to fit the electronics into a Wooden Camera Trigger Box (which is made for their wooden handle) or into a custom 3D print small enough to replace it in their handle?
    https://woodencamera.com/products/wo...ip-trigger-box

Thanks

Theo Ribeiro