Thread: Accurate Rec709 LUT for BMPCC4K and Ursa Mini Pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHennessy View Post
    I've enjoyed watching some of Matteo's YouTube content and what he's been able to do with the P4K, and those do look like some great LUTs, but am I the only one who isn't a huge fan of basically creating an account here, making one post to spam what you're selling, and then not come back an engage with the community and attempt to answer follow up questions?
    Thank you so much for the comments guys! Thomas, not really sure how you can consider one single post spam and I also have no clue what kind of engagement are you referring too since I only read positive comments, but no questions. Also, I've been pretty busy and I don't really had the chance to log back into this forum, but again, I wanna say thanks to anyone for the very positive feedbacks. If you guys are looking for discount when you buy two units, please just drop me an email at matteo@butteryfilms.com.

Quote Originally Posted by ru31jan View Post
    Looking at the demo footage I feel both LUTS have very different intentions (extended and naturalrec709). To be honest the extended is just a lot more open and uncorrected and the natural709 is much more a 'look'. This is to be expected because the extended LUT is not aimed to give you a REC709 image out of the box and the natural709 clearly is. I also think with a little bit of tinkering you can match the look of the natural709 LUT using the extended LUT very easy in Resolve.
    Ru31jan, I deeply respect your opinion, but I do not agree. Quite opposite actually, the Extended V4 is an actual look. Like a film look, there is a crazy amount of reds all over and the highlights roll-off is extremely harsh. At beginning, in facts, I thought it was a sensor problem, but then I realized it was just that horrible Extended that they provide. I honestly have no clue how a company that makes cameras and color grading software could come up with a such a LUT. It completely destroys the incredible Blackmagic color science. Our Natural Rec709 gives you the most natural and neutral colors you can possibly have out of your Pocket 4K. It was inspired by the Arri LogC to Rec709 LUT. Again, if you guys have any questions, please feel free to drop an email and I'll be happy to reply! Thanks!

Drop me an email at: matteo@butteryfilms.com

for those of us that have purchased V1 of the lut, how do we get the updated version?

Thanks for the offer. Curiosity got the best of me and I already purchased :-)

Quote Originally Posted by matbert View Post
    Hey Jeffrey, feel free to send me a clip at matteo@butteryfilms.com and I'll do a quick grade for you!

Quote Originally Posted by RomanStone View Post
    for those of us that have purchased V1 of the lut, how do we get the updated version?
    We sent out an email to all our customers with the link to v3 but the 4% of the emails was not delivered and I guess your is unfortunately one of those. Please send me an email at matteo@butteryfilms.com and I will send you a refreshed link. If anyone else didn't get v3, please send me an email and I'll provide the v3! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by jefferypeterson View Post
    Thanks for the offer. Curiosity got the best of me and I already purchased :-)
    Appreciate! Thanks!