Thread: New gimbal: ICECAM Tiny 3 Vision Pro - Does it work with the p4k?

1. #1 New gimbal: ICECAM Tiny 3 Vision Pro - Does it work with the p4k? 
    I saw this gimbal being used in this video and it looks great to me: it's very small and light (840g, lighter than my Zhiyun Crane V1), it uses a 45 back bracket design, it has a good payload limit (2.5kg, definitely high enough for me), and it seems to be smooth (though I've learned not to trust Bandon Li's videos regading this: he's a really good operator and can make a bad gimbal look great).

Since it has the motors on the left, it may be able to work with the p4k even though it is a lot smaller than most alternatives. Has anybody tried this combination?

I honestly have no idea, but I echo that motor on the left should work best with P4k, I've been leaning towards Tilta G2x for this reason, as well as integration with nucleus n. I don't get all the effort to make it work with Ronin S when there are other options. I really like the idea of easy access to hand grip for quick handheld without unrigging.

I've always preferred "motors on the left", it's better for reaching buttons, gripping the camera, and, wait for it: CHANGING THE BATTERY.
    The only advantage "motors on the right" has is the room for cables to be connected on the left side of the camera, but I would never plug a monitor while using the camera on a small gimbal anyway.

I asked the manufacturer to see if they've tested it with the p4k... And they just replied!

It works without problem. We have many clients that use it. Photos attached.
    Attachment 27855Attachment 27856Attachment 27857Attachment 27858Attachment 27859Attachment 27860

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel H View Post
    I asked the manufacturer to see if they've tested it with the p4k... And they just replied!

Attachment 27855Attachment 27856Attachment 27857Attachment 27858Attachment 27859Attachment 27860

The issue I have with any new company is whether or not they'll have any support in a year from now. I pulled the trigger on filmpower and got severely burned by their lack of support. I know it sucks to be a startup and an honest company, but there's a lot of risk that comes with it.

That's not a huge problem for me, so maybe I should be the Guinea pig...
    I'm trying to wait for Brandon Li's review, but unless it's awful I think I'm going to pull the trigger: small and light is very important for me

At this price there are many competitors.

I also like the idea of a slightly smaller and lighter gimbal, BUT the weight capacity really needs to be there. I've always had bad luck when approaching a gimbal's max payload weight.

If you know your common rig is going to be say, 2.2kg, then don't get a gimbal with a max payload weight of 2.5kg - get one with a 3kg max or greater.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

I've had that same issue, but my common rig is right around 1000g, and the more things you people ask the closer I get to hitting that BUY button XDDDD
    (I'm trying to wait for Bandon Li's review, and the fact that I don't have any shoots in May should make it easy, but my gear acquisition syndrome is hitting hard lately)

Brandon Li's review is out, here