Thread: Who wants to see the Pocket 4K in a different form factor?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    I think it would be cool if BM would acquire ZCam. The E2 seems so close, if it had Blackmagic OS and Braw it would fill a big hole.
    Agree but I kind of doubt it. Maybe BM should produce competing models in the $2.5K - $3K price range. If Z-Cam can do it, I don't see why BMD can't.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Agree but I kind of doubt it. Maybe BM should produce competing models in the $2.5K - $3K price range. If Z-Cam can do it, I don't see why BMD can't.
    Indeed.

I've been looking at those Z-Cams a lot lately. I'm debating as to whether one of those would suit my needs better than a P4K for "small camera" uses.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Same here. The E2-S6 does have pretty much everything plus more as to what I want (the 6K is a plus). Hoping for a good color science and Prores on it too.

Pretty sure the brain-style camera design was developed so that a camera system could be scalable for the needs of a shoot. Need small and compact? Just have battery, monitor and handle. Union production? Very easy to add all the necessary accessories.

The PCC4K form factor one could argue is by default "stripped down" as a basic brain setup, but you have to account for the relatively poor built-in battery life and fixed monitor inside the camera body. With a brain+monitor+handle those problems are already solved. (albeit much moire expensive)

Same here. The E2-S6 does have pretty much everything plus more as to what I want (the 6K is a plus). Hoping for a good color science and Prores on it too.
    I'll probably end up getting the P4k in the short term and use it fairly naked, half cage, 12v out npf plate for when I need longer run times, and internal batts when I want to keep it simple, I also still don't have a full resolve license so it's hard to deny that as a great deal. But I'll be watching how ZCam matures over the next year or so. That super35 with MFT mount would be sweet, as most of the manual lenses on my wish list will cover, the Fuji zooms, Veydra (the Meike knock offs probaby) even my Rokinon 12 2.2 covers as the make versions for the other s35 mirrorless mounts, and of course it is easy to adapt to ef and PL, so no need to buy the different mount versions.

Maybe BM should produce competing models in the $2.5K - $3K price range. If Z-Cam can do it, I don't see why BMD can't.
    The current Z Cam E2 has the same sensor as the BMPCC4K, but sells for $800 more. Using that math, I don't see what is stopping BM from picking up the very same off-the-shelf 6K S35 sensor that Z Cam uses and selling it for $3K-ish.

I take that back, perhaps BM doesn't want to offer a 6K S35 sensor cheaper than their Flagship 4.6K camera? Sure the 6K sensor will never look as good nor as cinematic as the 4.6K Fairchild sensor, but people are more obsessed with raw numbers than IQ.

I like what Z Cam is doing, but the BMPCC4K IQ is so much better than their E2 M4/3 cam. It would be interesting to see what BM can do with that 6K sensor.

Well, let's wait and see what comes out in October. The Z-Cam CEO at NAB said that the E2-S6 (S35) and the E2-F6 and E2-F8 (Full Frame 6K and 8K) will be out then. The Full Frame 8K brain at $6K. If they will do it right, then I think that will steer interest and could be the birth of a new innovative company.