Thread: Blown away by Ursa Mini Pro 4.6K G2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Could they not improve the current CFA filter on the g1 as well? (as for 90% of the G1 owners paying 6K again for an improved rolling shutter and improved CFA filter and some slow motion, does not make sense. ) I wished the G1 had upgradeble hardware, as the body remained the same, a new processor and new firmware and youre good to go.

Cfa is part if the sensor, not an upgrade part, also known as the bayer filter, you can't just peel it off and install a new one. None of these features make the g1 any less than it was before. Those that feel the need for the new one can sell the old one at a loss to offset most of the cost

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    Cfa is part if the sensor, not an upgrade part, also known as the bayer filter, you can't just peel it off and install a new one. None of these features make the g1 any less than it was before. Those that feel the need for the new one can sell the old one at a loss to offset most of the cost
    This is where I'm at. I still love my G1 but am in no rush to replace it. Still, even if there aren't many BIG FEATURE upgrades, all of that--CFA, improved shutter (wow, those times are great!), additional FPS recording options--sounds great.

Maybe if I hit a big contract this year :P

The new features are definitely great for those who haven't bought in yet, like me, but for what I do I'm not sure I can justify over the new pocket as my personal camera.

If I had a financed production slate for the next while, G2 it would be, but scraped together passion projects are probably fine with pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    The new features are definitely great for those who haven't bought in yet, like me, but for what I do I'm not sure I can justify over the new pocket as my personal camera.
    I was watching Our Earth last night and started really wanting that 300fps ability, haha. Alas, I do not shoot nature documentaries for Netflix.

Just wanna to say the the UMP G2 is officially shipping!! My local dealer just texted me to say my G2 preorder came in today. Here's the pic they sent me. WOOhoo!! Let's see if it has a magical image. Hahaha.
    UMPG2.jpg

The Blackmagic Raw logo is pretty badass. I want that on every box now XD

Quote Originally Posted by Will Vazquez View Post
    Just wanna to say the the UMP G2 is officially shipping!! My local dealer just texted me to say my G2 preorder came in today. Here's the pic they sent me. WOOhoo!! Let's see if it has a magical image. Hahaha.
    UMPG2.jpg
    NICE!!!!

Can you share where are you based?

CFA filter improved...Wow!
    The footage on vimeo looks great, I thought was due only the grader's ability..
    but this looks very close to Alexa!
    My "favourite" CFA filter look was that designed for the Digital Bolex by Kodak (which was very close to the Alexa)...
    A friend of mine who is a sensor engineer told me that the secret of the color of the Digital Bolex was in the CFA filter...

well, I suspect BM is getting very very close to that!
    Last edited by alex.stefani; Yesterday at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alex.stefani View Post
    CFA filter improved...Wow!
    The footage on vimeo looks great, I thought was due only the grader's ability..
    but this looks very close to Alexa!
    Pardon the ignorance... what is a CFA filter?

EDIT. nevermind, google

Anyway, how's the CFA improved on the G2?