Thread: Bmpcc4k battery grip

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrocanX View Post
    I am amazed people are so rude about this battery grip. Here and facebook group is full of hate. Why? If you dont like it, guess what! You dont have to buy it! For me personally, it is finally proper grip. I am super happy for this solution, I have been begging for grip with two 550s/570s since I have my pocket. Yes, I am using V mounts too, but sometimes this makes so much sense. Not everyone want franken rigs on a tripod. Cages? I am sure there will be new cages in a month.
    Could be buyers remorse. Most likely those who have invested in an external power solution and a cage that would not accommodate a battery grip, then find a way to diss about the battery grip to convince themselves they made the right choice.

For a long time, many on Facebook were all acting up because BMD should make a battery grip. In fact, anyone should make one, but they had preferred if BMD did it so it was more in line with the design and look and feel.

Now there is one, and people are going nuts about "what? not more than x hours?" -- "it's too bulky" etc.. It's not like anyone's forcing it on you, and if you have a better idea, design one!

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    If tilta ever makes the hand grip that takes the full size npf 970 batteries that would be the ergonomic solution to get, until then I would be slapping a plate somewhere. That thing only allows for using the camera naked, it likely makes the body too high to use with rails.
    To your point, a full cage (or half cage) designed to cover camera and the new battery grip which also includes a well positioned receiver for 2 rail rods under the lens would be ideal! It is nice, and sometimes necessary, to have those rail rods correctly positioned under the lens. I suppose there are rail risers that could work also but it might be nice if the rod receivers were built right into a cage.

Since we're discussing battery solutions, cages, and rigs here, I thought I'd share my current iteration of the small rig half cage, with SSD wooden handle and vmount battery on a Camvate v-mount quick release positioned in front of the camera under the rails. Seems to be working quite well. I can shoot all day long on this 95 wH Vmount battery from JuiceBox.

20190409_084255.jpg
    20190409_084309.jpg
    20190409_084356.jpg

Not rude, or full of hate, just practical. With the P4k being so cheap I've seen tons of new comers to the BMD camera family - new comers who don't know that as awesome as BMD cameras are, that their promises are never that accurate (especially in regards to battery life). Sorry if you think folks sharing their opinion or experience is rude.

Quote Originally Posted by KrocanX View Post
    I am amazed people are so rude about this battery grip. Here and facebook group is full of hate. Why? If you dont like it, guess what! You dont have to buy it! For me personally, it is finally proper grip. I am super happy for this solution, I have been begging for grip with two 550s/570s since I have my pocket. Yes, I am using V mounts too, but sometimes this makes so much sense. Not everyone want franken rigs on a tripod. Cages? I am sure there will be new cages in a month.
    Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, BMPCC, GH4+Metabones, GoPro Hero4 Black, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

Its a Blackmagic battery grip thread. No need to hijack the thread with rigged battery solution images for no other reasons than trying to convince yourself you made the right choice.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were the gate-keeper on someone sharing a different opinion on a product thread. I was simply pointing out there's a good chance it's not going to provide the shoot time BM says. It'll be great for vacations and causal shooters, not folks who do it all day. BMD new-comers should know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    Its a Blackmagic battery grip thread. No need to hijack the thread with rigged battery solution images for no other reasons than trying to convince yourself you made the right choice.
    Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, BMPCC, GH4+Metabones, GoPro Hero4 Black, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

If they could do a quality one for $75 or something, it'd be great and sell like hot-cakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Vazquez View Post
    How soon before Vello or Neewer come out with a knock-off battery grip for the Pocket 4k?

Quote Originally Posted by marshallbaker View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were the gate-keeper on someone sharing a different opinion on a product thread. I was simply pointing out there's a good chance it's not going to provide the shoot time BM says. It'll be great for vacations and causal shooters, not folks who do it all day. BMD new-comers should know that.
    Its plain obvious some want to hijack this thread and keen to show why the battery grip isn't needed for no other purpose than buyers remorse. Yes because they committed to an alternative solution. There is plenty of thread devoted to rigged camera/battery solution or just create a new thread. I mean why now on this thread are they doing it?

Riiight. Go home kid. I've already pointed out that it's great for casual shooting, and that if priced more appropriate I'd get one too. There's no buyers remorse there. I'm not sure if you're a pro or hobbyist, but most folks including me, have several set-ups for different types of shooting. Sometimes I use the cage/rig, v-mount, sometimes, just low profile w/ a pocket full of batteries, sometimes on the ronin, powered by the ronin. A lot of situations call for different set-ups. You're just mistaken.

And again, it's not hijacking a thread to say that it won't power it for as long as advertised.

I don't visit the forums as much as I used to because it's become like politics here. God forbid someone have a different experience than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    Its plain obvious some want to hijack this thread and keen to show why the battery grip isn't needed for no other purpose than buyers remorse. Yes because they committed to an alternative solution. There is plenty of thread devoted to rigged camera/battery solution or just create a new thread. I mean why now on this thread are they doing it?