Thread: One little goat has a new battery solution for bmpcc 4K and bmmcc

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PowerExtra seems to have discontinued their NP970 + 12V DC output batteries. That leaves this as the only dual discharge option I can find. I'll probably consider one of these since my most compact Micro setup requires either LP-E6 batteries for the monitor or a dual output brick. The only other option to so rig a low-profile v-mount on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Tris, Phil has a two battery 9000MA option version, see the link above.
    Thanks Denny.

Quote Originally Posted by GeranSimpson View Post
    PowerExtra seems to have discontinued their NP970 + 12V DC output batteries. That leaves this as the only dual discharge option I can find. I'll probably consider one of these since my most compact Micro setup requires either LP-E6 batteries for the monitor or a dual output brick. The only other option to so rig a low-profile v-mount on the back.
    No, it is only the only one and it s not the most compact
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

I ordered an 13000mAh one, I like the idea of replacing my v-mount that I have mounted behind the camera on rods with a usable hand grip to the side of the camera, and I do a lot of live music stuff so this would make an ideal set-up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by shijan View Post
    No, it is only the only one and it s not the most compact
    Swit makes a NP battery with a DC output but it is more expensive and has less power than the 9000mAh version of this. That doesn't count.
    Edit: VariZoom also makes one, it's also very expensive.

Unless you know of a NP or LP-E6 mount battery other than this that also has a DC output, this is the only one-battery compact solution. A vmount brick is not compact.

I said it's MY most compact setup, not THE most compact setup. I suppose you could have a naked Micro with a shitty pancake mft lens with no monitor. Don't be a smartass.
    Last edited by GeranSimpson; 04-16-2019 at 12:28 AM.

Swit, ikan IBS-U65 BP-U , SHAPE 65Wh BP-U65
    also IDX System Technology have new low priced 14.4V Li-Ion Batteryes for Sony BP-U just check at B&H

also some compact v-mounts: bebob VMM-MICRO and less expensive fxlion V-Mount Battery NANO ONE both are 50 and 100wh models and have additional compact v-mount plates

I don't want to feel like spammer here but seems the idea of dummy LP-E6/NP-F plate was partially taken from my BMMCC 14.8V Battery Module project started about a year ago http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.php?21668 but i am not a RED-like patent troll and don't mind to patent things to limit progress...

Overall the idea to take batteries from the enclosure every time to charge them and then put back looks overcomplicated. That plastic cap clamp probably wear very fast. Also it seems those enclosures don't have protection/balancing/charging circuit board so you forced to use more expensive and less reliable protected 18650 cells + expensive external charger.
    You dudes are really brave to preorder battery enclosure that exists only as 3d printed sample without any real life field field tests And also double brave to use thin plastic enclosure as side handle for rather heavy camera. Handles are kind of things with very high dynamic load that may easy break apart thin plastic shell.
    Also similar rosette mount attachment already manufactured by SmallRig and also costs less and looks better.
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

The Shape batteries are 14V and have one Dtap port. 14V is too high voltage for the 7.2V mount so it would need two output ports. They would not be sufficient for the Micro.

The IDX batteries are 14V and the DC output is 5V, inadequate for running a monitor.

The Ikans are also 14V batteries, but have a DC barrel cord and a Dtap. These would probably be sufficient but I don't know of a lpe6-NP dummy adapter and the leads on the back go to waste. They are also around $170. Way too expensive for one battery.

All of those batteries are BP-U not L mount and are extremely expensive.

The bebob's start at $225 not including a mount, and some kind of adapter to put on the back of the camera. Any vmount setup instantly kicks the Micro up into the next size category comparable to larger camera systems and defeats the purpose.

Even if the BP-U batteries have some kind of regulator to only output 7.2V when mounted on L mount devices they are still prohibitively expensive.
    The NP970 with 12V output battery I currently use but cost me $24 and lasts for 90 minutes of continuous RAW recording with monitor.

I'm not going to invest any more money in this rig I built two years ago and only use as a B cam. At least the OLG Batteries are affordable and work on multiple devices.
    Last edited by GeranSimpson; 04-16-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Even the 3D printed versions look solid.

Also project starter provide strange calculations:
    As an example, 4x Panasonic 18650 cells cost under $30 and provide up to 13,000mAh capacity - making this type of power solution more affordable than other solutions (equal to five LP6 batteries).

Let's see: 1x 18650 is 3.7V 3250mAh (3.7V x 3250mAh = 12watt-hour)
    4x 18650 cells may be combined like:
    3.7V @ 13000mAh (3.7V x 13000mAh = 48.1watt-hour)
    7.4V @ 6500 mAh (7.4V x 6500mAh = 48.1watt-hour)
    11.1V @ 4333 mAh (11.1V x 4333mAh = 48.1watt-hour)
    14.8v @ 3250 mAh (14.8v x 3250 mAh = 48.1watt-hour)

Average LP-E6 battery is 7.4V @ 1800 mAh (7.4V x 1800mAh = 13.3watt-hour)

So 4x 18650 pack may be equal to 3.6 PL-E6 batteries.
    But probably depending of 18650 and LP-E6 quality it may be equal from 3 to 5.

Also t seems his battery enclosure use internal regulated power output which lowers usable battery capacity. Average DC-DC conversion circuit efficiency is 90-95%.
    Last edited by shijan; 04-16-2019 at 08:51 PM.

It looks very good price/performance wise, I understand you have a similar product and it feels a bit like you're trying to make this one look bad.