Thread: Resolve 16 guesses

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Resolve 16 guesses 
    Ok my guess resolve 16 will drop at NAB. But what will it feature?

- Hoping much improved stabilizer
    - More audio tools
    - Better compositing options (logo's, psd's etc do get rough edges using them in resolve vs After Effects)
    - Prores rendering on windows

Not sure what to expect, Grant was pretty eager to simplify things, maybe an improved GUI?

- The stabilizer is already pretty good
    - audio tools... maybe
    - Composition tools are good, too.
    - Prores not going to happen ever.
    - GUI is allready pretty good.

I hope RESOLVE will stay slim and simple. And stable.

Maybe a better Render Button for "DNxHD".

Historically, major Resolve releases happen around August, maybe as late as September. I think R9 was the most recent one to come out as early as July.

They announce at NAB though. I don't think they need new features, but improve the integration of what is already there. Better support for mixing panels in fairlight and allow same controls to work on edit page. Something as simple as using a contour shuttle pro for transport control should work on every page. (Full disclosure I haven't tested yet, just finding current drivers is a challenge.)

I'm pretty happy with the way Resolve is currently, I just wish it were more stable. Maybe improve the efficiency of rendering effects.

- The stabilizer is already pretty good. Could be MUCH better, as there are more better alternatives out there (allthough not free)
    - audio tools... maybe (Izotope and such plugins are working wonders for audio cleanup)
    - Composition tools are good, too. (Do you make a lot of pancartes in Resolve with photo's/logo's/images? As there are a lot of artifacts introduced in Resolve that are not present in Adobe products. Or I need to change some settings that I am unaware of)
    - Prores not going to happen ever. (Adobe just did that for windows, so not sure why BM could not do it)
    - GUI is allready pretty good. (yeah GUI is good indeed, but I hear a lot of first time users are overwhelmed by the amount of options. Also some friends still like editing better on Premiere, not sure why)

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid22 View Post
    - GUI is allready pretty good. (yeah GUI is good indeed, but I hear a lot of first time users are overwhelmed by the amount of options. Also some friends still like editing better on Premiere, not sure why)
    That's the point. You can do so much more with Resolve as it's an incredibly powerful program with color as the foundation. They like Premier because it's simpler and they are used to it, and the timeline is more organized and streamlined. Resolve was never really meant to be the NLE, just enough to online your locked cuts from avid/adobe/final cut etc. Personally I find the interface of Resolve more intuitive than premier.

As for built in tools - they are good enough. If you need more power people are willing to pay for plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid22 View Post
    - Composition tools are good, too. (Do you make a lot of pancartes in Resolve with photo's/logo's/images? As there are a lot of artifacts introduced in Resolve that are not present in Adobe products. Or I need to change some settings that I am unaware of)
    I agree. Since 15.2 soft alpha edges are darkened and since 15.2.3 Alpha using ACES and RCM is a complete mess.
    My website:
    www.55media.net

https://www.cinema5d.com/adobe-creat...st-production/

- content aware fill => this is awesome!
    - auto duck audio => this is super awesome!!

Guys, would you invest in a panel from BM ? Thinking to get the micro panel vs mini panel....