Thread: what version for this computer?

1. #1 what version for this computer? 
    Hi

Can someone tell me what version of Resolve could work properly with this computer?
    iMac 27" late 2015
    Mac OS Sierra 10.12
    3,2 GHz Intel Core i5
    32 Ram
    AMD radeon 2048 MB

I'm using version 15 and crash all the time. I've version 12.5 Studio but I think is kinda old for what Resolve offer these days.

Thanks

All versions will work but don't expect to do anything beyond 1080p and basic color correction. I use a MBP with roughly about the same configuration just to be able to review shots in the field. It's still slow and any much load will likely freeze Resolve. You need at least a Core i7, 32Gb RAM, GPU with 6Gb of VRAM, and a SSD for your cache drive.

I see.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    All versions will work but don't expect to do anything beyond 1080p and basic color correction. I use a MBP with roughly about the same configuration just to be able to review shots in the field. It's still slow and any much load will likely freeze Resolve. You need at least a Core i7, 32Gb RAM, GPU with 6Gb of VRAM, and a SSD for your cache drive.
    Not if you're editing Braw.
    We can edit 4k Q5 on a MBP w/ 16GB ram and 2GB GPU with a couple of nodes of CC and it plays like ProRes in FCPX...better actually.
    I was scrolling/zipping effortlessly through a 20 minute UHD timeline, everything graded with a LUT as well.

It's a new game with BlackMagic raw.

Quote Originally Posted by jimagine View Post
    We can edit 4k Q5 on a MBP w/ 16GB ram and 2GB GPU with a couple of nodes of CC and it plays like ProRes in FCPX...better actually.
    I was scrolling/zipping effortlessly through a 20 minute UHD timeline, everything graded with a LUT as well.

Would be great if BM add this feature on UM 4.6K. I doubt it, but who knows.

In any case, sadly Braw is just for BM cameras. I've been working with R3D and Alexa 4444 in an old iMac around 2009 or 2011, not remember well, but not issues in any "home" software like I always have in Resolve.
    I like Resolve but would be great if just run slow if someone don't have the proper computer instead of crash.

Quote Originally Posted by jimagine View Post

Oh, good. I'm not assuming BRAW because not everyone has a UMP or BMPCC 4K which are the only cameras with BRAW. I am always looking at computer hardware that can take CDNG and be able to have a few nodes plus denoise. You will not be able to do anything in 4K CDNG with denoise on the above hardware in Resolve.