Thread: Generation 2 Ursa Mini Pro just in....

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Great! Was the flare issue solved? I remember when the G1 came out people had to install something to prevent flares in certain cases while using ND.

Quote Originally Posted by Pultzar2 View Post
    Great! Was the flare issue solved? I remember when the G1 came out people had to install something to prevent flares in certain cases while using ND.
    There was a change made very early in, maybe within 2 months of shipping. Is that what you mean ?

JB

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    There was a change made very early in, maybe within 2 months of shipping. Is that what you mean ?

JB
    Yes.

The G2 is looking to be a sweet camera. Now all they need to do is move the USB-C port so that it can be accessed with the monitor door closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pultzar2 View Post
    Yes.

The G2 is looking to be a sweet camera. Now all they need to do is move the USB-C port so that it can be accessed with the monitor door closed.
    Personal view.

USB-C recording will be like HDMI. A crappy unreliable home consumer connection that has no place on “real” sets. Like HDMI I suspect it will be inconsistent enough to be unreliable. Luckily with BRAW the media demands of RAW have changed the desirability of that form of recording.

JB

Personal view.

USB-C recording will be like HDMI. A crappy unreliable home consumer connection that has no place on “real” sets. Like HDMI I suspect it will be inconsistent enough to be unreliable. Luckily with BRAW the media demands of RAW have changed the desirability of that form of recording.

JB
    ^ ^
    This

Personal view.

JB
    No kidding, the USB-C cable comes out of my resolve panel enough as it is, and that sits motionless on a desk. Can't imagine relying on it to record footage in a real situation.

Yeah, USB-C on the UMP seems very pointless. Especially since there is already a far superior SSD recording module for the camera.

I’m sure it will work fine in controlled studio environments. Event recordings will love it.

At least it means you don’t lose your SDI like younwouldnif you get the SSD module.

JB

There are three things I hope are improved with the G2.

1- Audio - I hope that the preamps have more dynamic range and flatter response, the UMP was a little thumpy on the lows. Also wish the audio monitoring from headphones is live. No more delay.

2- Sensor - Would like to see improved color, less neon reds. Even though the current Color Science V4 on the UMP is dramatically better on skin tones than before. And good bye fixed pattern noise please. I'll take noise, but not bands.

3- Mode switching speed- Would like to see faster boot and faster switching between record and playback as the Pocket 4k.

The faster sensor read out will be great for handheld. If it's close to the Alexa it will look sweet. Like handholding a motion picture film camera.

Apparently the usual beta tester suspects have the camera for testing. Saw note's instagram he posted a pic of the g2. Exciting times