Thread: Generation 2 Ursa Mini Pro just in....

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Generation 2 Ursa Mini Pro just in.... 
    Today we released Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, a next generation digital film camera that features fully redesigned electronics and a new Super 35mm 4.6K HDR image sensor with 15 stops of dynamic range for shooting at up to 300 frames per second!

Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 features a whole new design that lets you shoot crystal clear slow motion footage! You can record full sensor 4.6K images up to 120 frames per second, windowed DCI 4K at up to 150 frames per second, and regular windowed 1080 HD at an amazing 300 frames per second. That makes Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 ideal for capturing stylized fast action documentary work and nature photography!

Images are stored using the new Blackmagic RAW format with the latest Blackmagic Design Generation 4 Color Science for incredibly accurate skin tones and stunning color. Blackmagic RAW is a revolutionary, next generation codec that gives you visually lossless images, extensive metadata support and highly optimized GPU and CPU accelerated processing. That means you get the quality and workflow advantages of RAW formats with the speed and ease of use of a video codec. With Blackmagic RAW, you can choose compression levels up to an astounding 12:1 and still get stunning images that can be used for feature films, documentaries and broadcast programming!

Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 features dual CFast card recorders and dual SD card recorders. It even has an innovative USB-C expansion port so you can record directly onto external drives! You also get built in ND filters, an interchangeable EF lens mount that can be swapped for optional PL, B4 and F mounts, a massive number of external controls, a high visibility backlit status display, foldout 4 touchscreen monitor, professional audio recording and more!

Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 combines 4.6K image quality with the features and controls of a traditional broadcast camera, making it perfect for high end feature films, episodic television, indie films, music videos, broadcast news, sports, and even corporate or wedding videos. Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 gives you better quality images than cameras that cost tens of thousands more!

Is there also a loyalty upgrade program for the users who bought an ursa mini pro?
    Last edited by polaroid22; 03-05-2019 at 09:13 AM.

There goes BRAW for the old 4.6K. What a pitty.

What I'm curious about is apart from frame rates and some other audio circuitry updates - is there anything to the picture/colour?

They mentioned better sensor uniformity and colour but that was literally all that was said. If anybody knows or has more info that would be great.

Great Generation 2 camera...and for the same price as the current model. I just hope the current model is still supported with firmware updates. I'd like to see pixel remapping on it. The biggest improvement with this cam is the higher frame rates and better audio. Not enough for me to upgrade as i'm not really in need of higher frame rates though it would be a nice thing to have. But if I was getting a cam now...this def would be the one to get...no brainer.

As long as they continue to support the current UMP with colour science updates and other little things Im good.
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Grant Petty said there is licensing problems now with CineDNG. Would that mean BMD will get fine for selling the UM4.6k that still uses CineDNG unless there is plans to bring BRaw to these cameras to replace CiineDNG? If not then a loyalty upgrade should be offered.

Quote Originally Posted by tremblingwater View Post
    What I'm curious about is apart from frame rates and some other audio circuitry updates - is there anything to the picture/colour?

They mentioned better sensor uniformity and colour but that was literally all that was said. If anybody knows or has more info that would be great.
    While they could probably be matched, the press release does mention that it is "a new Super 35mm 4.6K image sensor".

I had planned on purchasing an URSA mini Pro this week! This is awesome news

Quote Originally Posted by Dan K View Post
    I had planned on purchasing an URSA mini Pro this week! This is awesome news
    This is great news for you, congrats! I was thinking of picking one up in the near future. This just makes it even more enticing.