Thread: I'll star it. NAB 2019 predictions thread

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Seems like Blackmagic Design can’t win. Are they not allowed to progress forward and develope amazing new products until everyone has received what they ordered?

New Video Assists. Pretty confident we'll at least see one new version.

Most likely a new Pocket 4K with a EF or PL mount. I don't expect anything more new about them besides that.

And maybe a new Micro. Mainly think this is because they'll want a new Micro that can use BRAW, since they want to get rid of cameras use classic RAW. And if they can't add it to the current Micro, then they're better off just selling a new version, then release a firmware that just removes a feature.

a video assist that doesn't chew through batteries like its pack-man?
    I would like to see a EVF for the 4k, that is not so specific to ursa mini camera, I will need a EFV for my shoulder rig setup im building
    Last edited by Meshman; 03-11-2019 at 05:59 AM.

A new Video-Assist with real 4k Resolution that maybe can be used to record BRAW with older Blackmagic Cameras via the SDI-Signal.

But with all their releases this year, they already delivered a lot of new things, so maybe they just use NAB to present them to the visitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Light&Color View Post
    A new Video-Assist with real 4k Resolution that maybe can be used to record BRAW with older Blackmagic Cameras via the SDI-Signal.

But with all their releases this year, they already delivered a lot of new things, so maybe they just use NAB to present them to the visitors.
    Nikon has opened up RAW over HDMI why not BRAW over HDMI.
    On skin tones- "Give me mud and I will make the skin of Venus out of it, if you allow me to surround it as I please", Eugéne Delacroix

A budget evf for pocket users would be cool. Less features than the ursa evf but enough that it would be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by froess View Post
    A budget evf for pocket users would be cool. Less features than the ursa evf but enough that it would be useful.
    I'd buy one of those in a heartbeat. Just make it compact, with a very high refresh rate and it doesn't have to be full HD.

Yes an updated 5” VA with 4K capability and a 7” with maybe 6 would be amazing. The color and color settings on the OG 5” are atrocious.

I'm thinking BMD might take BRAW and make it a champion. New 5 inch and 7inch video assists, SSD drives and BRAW with sensor profiles in built for popular cameras that can output raw. Arri, red, Canon, Panasonic, sony etc. So even though your shooting on an Alexa it might just be in BRAW. Probably a long shot but it'd be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by GeranSimpson View Post
    Yes an updated 5” VA with 4K capability and a 7” with maybe 6 would be amazing. The color and color settings on the OG 5” are atrocious.
    I really like my 5" Video Assist, but yeah, it could be improved a lot.
    Maybe they find a way to make that happen. They could even offer a EVF-Loupe-Option for the Pocket and a new Video Assist Generation.