Thread: I'll star it. NAB 2019 predictions thread

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jsfilmz View Post
    Granted i got my camera 5 months ago. But is in it kinda messed up to Announce a brand new g2 camera when more than half the population who bought the pocket 4k still dont have their camers in hand? I mean i know thats how BMD is but damn, they dont learn from past experiences?
    Jep, weird. But I would say that BM sold way more Pockets than URSAs, so thats why there is not enough Pockets

Quote Originally Posted by KrocanX View Post
    Jep, weird. But I would say that BM sold way more Pockets than URSAs, so thats why there is not enough Pockets
    True but what i really meant was. They knew they were short with delivering the pocket 4k, why spend time on working on something completely new already. I feel like they should focus their resources on catching up on their preorders first but idk maybe thats just me. I used to work at a lot of food places before and the way they do business wouldnt work in the food business. Its like telling your manager hey 30 people have been waiting on fried chickenw and your manager says okay thats great but were going to make pizzas first those guys can wait

Well, people don't die if they get their cameras a little late. You know ,like with FOOD!
    Last edited by obiectivstudio; 03-07-2019 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by obiectivstudio View Post
    Well, people don't die if they get their cameras a little late. You know ,like with FOOD!
    You dont agree what their doing sucks for their customers?

I do agree it sucks but the point i was making is that your comparison was flawed. I'm betting your ex fried chicken manager would have a hard time in the camera business, so it would be safe to assume that the way he did business he would not survive in the camera business. On another note, if you're keen on comparing them, i'm betting none of the food joints you worked in stop serving food altogether if they ran out of a certain item, focusing all resources on getting said item. BM is not the first company to have this problem, even nikon had it with the d850, red has it all the time and so on. More so, ever since BM's first camera people had to wait, its not like this is the first time this happened.

True but what i really meant was. They knew they were short with delivering the pocket 4k, why spend time on working on something completely new already. I feel like they should focus their resources on catching up on their preorders first but idk maybe thats just me. I used to work at a lot of food places before and the way they do business wouldnt work in the food business. Its like telling your manager hey 30 people have been waiting on fried chickenw and your manager says okay thats great but were going to make pizzas first those guys can wait
    The developing a new camera department is totally in a different building / country to the making the existing cameras department, using entirely different people and skills.

JB

Yeah, and it really doesn't analogize well with the restaurant business.

You dont agree what their doing sucks for their customers?
    Delivering another ridiculously affordable, breakthrough camera is what they're doing for their customers.
    In Bizarro world that might suck but here on earth in 2019 - it's a pretty good thing.

So with BRAW out for the pocket and the updated UMP G2 announced early I wonder what product they want to focus NABs attention toward?

C'mon c100 copy cat camera, really a great size camera when you need that nice in between with minimal rigging.

Actually it sucks for those who just bought the ump gen 1 in the last few months. They are like the people who didn't know they were making pizzas while chicken is being offered.