Thread: SD Card Detected By Pocket Only

1. #1 SD Card Detected By Pocket Only 
    Hi everyone. While almost everybody moved already to the new fella, the pocket 4K, I still use the old one BMPCC and experiencing some problems.

Actually since 2 years there have been no problems in that regard, but having formatted the sd card once in camera (I tried both of the two formats exfat and hfs+) the sd card started to work only in pocket camera, nowhere else. Neither in Windows 7, nor in a Mac. The Camera records, plays back, but no other device detects the card. No other camera either. I tried with a Nikon and Canon, also in a zoom h4n. I would suspect from a corrupted card but if it would be so, the pocket would also reject the card, but it isnīt. It is a sandisk extreme pro 128gb card.

I formatted the card many times, the result did not change.
    What do you suggest?
    If I would somehow able to reach the card in another device I would format it there, but this is not the case.
    I am not sure what to do, demanding your helps.

2. #2 Sd card .. 
    Quote Originally Posted by KEzzAP View Post
    Hi everyone. While almost everybody moved already to the new fella, the pocket 4K, I still use the old one BMPCC and experiencing some problems.

Actually since 2 years there have been no problems in that regard, but having formatted the sd card once in camera (I tried both of the two formats exfat and hfs+) the sd card started to work only in pocket camera, nowhere else. Neither in Windows 7, nor in a Mac. The Camera records, plays back, but no other device detects the card. No other camera either. I tried with a Nikon and Canon, also in a zoom h4n. I would suspect from a corrupted card but if it would be so, the pocket would also reject the card, but it isnīt. It is a sandisk extreme pro 128gb card.

I formatted the card many times, the result did not change.
    What do you suggest?
    If I would somehow able to reach the card in another device I would format it there, but this is not the case.
    I am not sure what to do, demanding your helps.
    If you have someone around with a LINUX Machine , with , for instance " Gparted " , you could look at what is happening .. LINUX detects very well HFS . I had weird problems with EXFAT under Windows , and now always use HFS , Despite working under Windows 8 Pro .. I installed " HFSExplorer " , it works very well , and I never experienced any problem with HFS .. Those Drive problems may be ... a bit difficult to solve .. there are many free tools on the web ... I once could recover files on a broken Hard Drive which had been reformatted twice .. Incredible .. but it needs some Patience and some time . The most important is to have FAITH ...

Congratulations for your BMPCC .. For me , still a very nice Camera , the Colour Space is really Good ..
    Good Luck ! ! !

Mike ..

Can you record footage?
    Which brand is the SD Card? Is it on the recommended list?

Quote Originally Posted by S_Berger View Post
    Can you record footage?
    Which brand is the SD Card? Is it on the recommended list?

Yes it records. Actually I had no problem until I formatted the card in Camera.
    I have used the same card almost two years long, but now getting this wierd problem. The SD card works in the camera. Records and plays back, but nowhere else. I tried it in different devices.
    It is a sandisk extreme pro 128 GB.

I just had the same thing happen with a Samsung T5. I formatted the drive with the camera, and chose "exFAT" since the only other option was "OS X Extended". The drive is still working, but now my Windows 10 computer does not see it at all when I plug it in, regardless of which USB port I use, and it doesn't even show up in the "Disk Management" utility where I usually initialize drives that don't show up in windows explorer.

Anyone know what is the solution?