Thread: BMPCC 4K as 2nd cam

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yes, bmpcc 4k has c100 beat image-wise. But not ergonomically. I do a lot of verite/run n gun so for me it's about capturing the moment. My plan is to use the bmpcc in controlled situations, namely b-roll and sit down intvs.

Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    Yes, bmpcc 4k has c100 beat image-wise. But not ergonomically. I do a lot of verite/run n gun so for me it's about capturing the moment. My plan is to use the bmpcc in controlled situations, namely b-roll and sit down intvs.
    That's kinda what I though. Changed my mind pretty fast.

It occurred to me that I have a 35mm 1.4 Rokinon manual lens (Canon mount). I was thinking of pairing it with a used Lumix 14-140 as a start. Can anyone recommend an inexpensive dumb adapter for it? Thanks

Inexpensive adapters are a waste of money, as they useually introduces more issues than they fix. You want to get a good adapter, even if it is a “dumb” non electronic one, yiu want the two flanges to be be the correct FFD and parallel to each other. Get a Metabones, Novaflex, or MTF Services adapter.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Inexpensive adapters are a waste of money, as they useually introduces more issues than they fix. You want to get a good adapter, even if it is a “dumb” non electronic one, yiu want the two flanges to be be the correct FFD and parallel to each other. Get a Metabones, Novaflex, or MTF Services adapter.
    Cheers
    Thanks

If it's manual without optics, you may want to buy a few cheap ones, choose the best and forget the rest. It'll still be cheaper than the brand names. Usually, I found some good ones with second level 'brands', like K&F.
    But for anything with electronics or optics, I second that.
    Last edited by Nomad; 02-09-2019 at 12:21 AM.

If you're using a high quality camera and high quality expensive lenses, why not spend a bit extra for a Metabones? I have Metabones and Voigtlander dumb adapters. Well made and rock solid performance.

Quote Originally Posted by scorsesefan View Post
    My main line of work is fast run gun and the P4K has performed perfectly for me so far barring battery life. I've just paired it with the 12-60 thats supposed to be parfocal and depending on situation if you have time to zoom in touch screen focus you can then zoom out and record and zoom in and out without needing to pull focus much if at all. Still need to test the combo more for 100% certainty.

Thanks. How are you monitoring outside in sunny conditions without an EVF? The 12-60 f2.8 or f3.5?

with a modified sun hood velcro'd onto a smallhd focus. there's times still when even that doesnt block all the sun out but I can see enough to guage focus. 12-60 f2.8 is the one thats supposedly parfocal. Only issue i have now is all my lenses are focus by wire so when i turn my nano focus wheel fast it changes the position on the nano knob.