Thread: 2019 predictions for BMD

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    'Hi Bright' on camera field monitors. Directors or video village monitors. Both items with recorders or companion-ed with recorders.

I'd love to see them implement wireless video transmitters/receivers into their future cameras/monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by stip View Post
    I'd love to see them implement wireless video transmitters/receivers into their future cameras/monitors.
    Agree, that would be fantastic!

I'm guessing no new cameras this year but accessories and firmware updates for existing products (BRAW for P4K and maybe UM4.6K). The P4K gets great reviews as far as the camera itself goes but get serious knocks from reviewers and even BM enthusiasts due to it's poor battery life and difficulty viewing the screen in sunny days. If they came out with a accessory fix for those two or even just the battery issue, I think the P4K would be unstoppable.

Would be great to see an updated Ursa major someday. Loved that camera with it's huge screen. A mark II built with lighter materials. a couple of SSD slots, and a 6 or 8K sensor would be a great addition to their camera lineup.

Wish they had a bit more QC. Too many P4K are returned due to some QC issues.

I've been hoping for a thunderbolt 3 ultra studio 4K mini monitor for an affordable way to monitor 4K video on macs. The decklink cards have been out for a while, but no externals, seems odd, must be the whole approval from apple thing, unless they could work as just USB-c, or include decklink monitoring in the e-gpu, that would make for a nice single cable solution.

The easiest thing for BM to do is pop a BMPCC4K sensor into an Ursa Pro body and sell it for $3K. Much like they did for the Ursa Broadcast. This would be an easy win for BM.

Though I’m hoping that we see a second generation OG Cinema Camera with the BMPCC4K sensor (or the equivalent of it). With a new redesigned body similar to the FS5, internal ND filters and a built in SSD slot.

Either way, selling the BMPCC4K sensor in a better form factor with ENG features for $3K would be a huge hit. For less than $5K you could buy 2 amazing cinema cameras with matching sensors. BM would own the less-than-$5K camera market.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    They are shipping cameras, so your prediction is already true !
    The P4K has been their most successful camera in terms of sales. Itís going to take them a while to deal with that pent up success.

JB
    Please don't do that. They knew exactly what they had on their hands after the success of the original Pocket. This is simply a competence issue. Perhaps they've made a decision not to ramp up production to save on costs, but that is on them. They make few if any announcements, give next to no updates. They leave their resellers and consumers in the dark.

BM deserve credit for their achievements and they deserve to be called out for their shortcomings.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    They are shipping cameras, so your prediction is already true !
    The P4K has been their most successful camera in terms of sales. It’s going to take them a while to deal with that pent up success.

JB
    Cool. Thanks for the update. You, Captain Hook, and the BM Design team have done an outstanding job.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Madsen View Post
    Please don't do that. They knew exactly what they had on their hands after the success of the original Pocket. This is simply a competence issue. Perhaps they've made a decision not to ramp up production to save on costs, but that is on them. They make few if any announcements, give next to no updates. They leave their resellers and consumers in the dark.

BM deserve credit for their achievements and they deserve to be called out for their shortcomings.
    I don't think BM "deserve to be called out". We are all adults. We are all aware of BM timelines. These small guys are competing with multibillion dollar giants. I know the deal. I have not even ordered yet. I am waiting for production kinks to be worked out, bugs to be discovered, and firmware updates. I don't like waiting around for an order to fill and then receiving a product with issues. So I chose not to participate. It really is up to each adult to make their decision.

If you expect a Canon style launch then pay Canon style prices. It is incredibly hard to manage a supply chain. And what is BM's capitalization? I've seen lot's of brands go under because they built out too much capacity and then the market suddenly turned. I don't know what is going on at BM but it doesn't take much imagination to realize one can expect certain things to suffer at these price levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Madsen View Post
    They gave raw capturing cinema quality cameras to the masses for a fraction of the price others did . They gave us the best coloring software ever and keep developing it into a full production suite - for free. I think slow shipping is pretty negligible when looking at the big picture.