Thread: Nuke settings for bmpcc 4k

1. #1 Nuke settings for bmpcc 4k 
    So when editing some stuff in Nuke, it asks for camera information such as lens used, camera, sensor etc.... lot of times it will ask the mm of the footage shot.... Just curious... the sensor size? also, if it asks for mm shot.. does it take in the sensor size information related to the mm of the lens? or say like a 17.5mm would be a 35mm in full frame would i input 35mm if im running a 17.5 .... just want to make sure im inputting the right data.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Djreversal View Post
    So when editing some stuff in Nuke, it asks for camera information such as lens used, camera, sensor etc.... lot of times it will ask the mm of the footage shot.... Just curious... the sensor size? also, if it asks for mm shot.. does it take in the sensor size information related to the mm of the lens? or say like a 17.5mm would be a 35mm in full frame would i input 35mm if im running a 17.5 .... just want to make sure im inputting the right data.

Thanks
    If I'm not mistaken, I believe Nuke will know that your 17.5mm on your BMPCC4K is a 35mm full-frame equivalent. This would be the reason for inputting the focal length and sensor size. As you may already know, Nuke wants all of this info so it can match your CG elements as closely as possible to any distinct characteristics that your lens and camera combination exhibit. Hopefully this is helpful.

The BMPCC4K specification is
    DCI 4k: 18.96 x 10.00 mm
    UHD & HD (Downscaled): 17.775 x 10.00 mm

Use these sizes for the film back in Nuke and then enter whatever the focal length is for the lens.