Thread: New interesting competition (8k under 5,000)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tclark513 View Post
    Hmmm... pretty impressive click bait i guess!
    https://www.43rumors.com/interview-w...8k-mft-camera/
    I hate fake news but I have to say I am amazed at the quality of that video. It is cool that they mocked up a fake prototype and got an actor to play a Sharp spokesperson. They really went all out. Trump and the Russians should take note. 2020 is just around the corner.

Blackmagic has done their job. I recall them saying their motivation for creating the BMCC was that other camera companies simply were not making cameras that would take advantage of their software. They have pushed the industry to innovate. This Sharp camera has a 5 inch screen, mini XLR, AND USB C. Remind you of anything?

Now we just need to see the footage and what codecs are available.

All the fanboys of maximum K will eat this up, then soon realize there isn't a workstation that can handle an 8k h-265 work flow. What you have to wait a day for proxies to render? Who is this for anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by dop16mm View Post
    All the fanboys of maximum K will eat this up, then soon realize there isn't a workstation that can handle an 8k h-265 work flow. What you have to wait a day for proxies to render? Who is this for anyway?
    Is H.265 the only codec on offer?

Do you have any data to show people can't edit 8K H.265? There doesn't seem to be a problem with 4k H.265. I would think you just need to bump up the specs a bit. I don't even have a 4k editing rig. I'm still on 1080p. But if 8k is actually going to be a thing soon I may as well build for it.

Sharp is Japanese. Japan is all in on 8k. It is just a different scene over there. NHK broadcasts in 8k. It isn't about being a "fanboi". It is about industry standard.

With these bayer sensor cameras downscaling is necessary to get true resolution. 4k sensors are NOT true 4k. Read up on Bayer sensors and you will see what I mean.

8K on MFT? How many lenses will resolve that?

Quote Originally Posted by VidShooter View Post
    Japan is all in on 8k. It is just a different scene over there. NHK broadcasts in 8k. It isn't about being a "fanboi". It is about industry standard.
    On the 1st December BBC News reported very few people in Japan own 8K capable equipment. NHK was talking about demo transmissions in public places.
    BBC added:
    The launch of the world's first 8K TV channel is great news, even if it is only in Japan. But realistically, mass market adoption is still a long, long way off.
    "While the likes of Amazon and Netflix have charged head first into 4K this year, the BBC is only at the trial stage, and others are still struggling to stream HD, so 8K remains a pipedream in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    8K on MFT? How many lenses will resolve that?
    Heh, no problem just buy your budget 8k cam, a 20 thousand dollar cooke. then compress the ever living shit out of it, can't see a problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisso View Post
    On the 1st December BBC News reported very few people in Japan own 8K capable equipment. NHK was talking about demo transmissions in public places.
    BBC added:
    The launch of the world's first 8K TV channel is great news, even if it is only in Japan. But realistically, mass market adoption is still a long, long way off.
    "While the likes of Amazon and Netflix have charged head first into 4K this year, the BBC is only at the trial stage, and others are still struggling to stream HD, so 8K remains a pipedream in the UK
    Yup, same story in the US. If providers are struggling to offer better than (I'm guessing) 3Mbps content at 1080p, how realistic is 8k delivery at a decent bitrate?

Shawn

8K delivery makes zero sense. Watch Part 2 from Steve Yedlin resolution demo:
    http://www.yedlin.net/ResDemo/index.html

He talsk about laptop screens, TV monitors and Cinema Screens. 2K (and of course 4k) is "future proof"
    because we allready reach a point wheren you have a distance to the display where you see no difference
    between 2k and a 4k image.

Netflix, Youtube and others should stick to 2k and give us more bitrate. On the other site (camera sensors)
    you need 2.8 k or 4k. Because Bayer pattern, etc. But I donīt think 6k or 8k is important. Other than
    reframing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by S_Berger View Post
    8K delivery makes zero sense. Watch Part 2 from Steve Yedlin resolution demo:
    http://www.yedlin.net/ResDemo/index.html

He talsk about laptop screens, TV monitors and Cinema Screens. 2K (and of course 4k) is "future proof"
    because we allready reach a point wheren you have a distance to the display where you see no difference
    between 2k and a 4k image.

Netflix, Youtube and others should stick to 2k and give us more bitrate. On the other site (camera sensors)
    you need 2.8 k or 4k. Because Bayer pattern, etc. But I donīt think 6k or 8k is important. Other than
    reframing, etc.
    Yes.
    Affirmative.
    Agreement. Large furry agreement. Agreement all the way to the end of the measuring tape. Agreement that fights crime and woos women. (That's a lot of agreement.)
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by VidShooter View Post
    Is H.265 the only codec on offer?

Sharp is Japanese.
    Not anymore - it is just another Foxconn brand now - they bought it in 2016 - only the Sharp TVs are still made in Poland