Thread: Pocket 4K + metabones speedbooster problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On facebook there were 4 other users with the same problem.
    Metabones told me to send it in. (shipping costs are over 75€ to hongkong... so not sure If I will send it in at all)

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid22 View Post
    On facebook there were 4 other users with the same problem.
    Metabones told me to send it in. (shipping costs are over 75 to hongkong... so not sure If I will send it in at all)
    This is why you should buy by local reseller. If something do not work you can bring it back to the reseller.
    And he have to deal with hongkonk.

Quote Originally Posted by S_Berger View Post
    This is why you should buy by local reseller. If something do not work you can bring it back to the reseller.
    And he have to deal with hongkonk.
    Sure but the thing is already older then 2 years, so the store would not deal with it either..

Had to send my metabones in, out of warranty so it was 100 AUD all up to have it sent there and returned. There was no physical damage, it simply stopped working, my pc would show a folder with firmware ini in it but the metabones app wouldn’t recognise. Took them a month but I was glad to have it fixed. So in one way it was nice to get a free repair but pay postage on a 900 AUD item but on the other hand there was zero reason for a 900 AUD item to have stopped working. Communication was pretty awful, I had to contact them to confirm they received it then it simply showed up later, they never told me what was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    Had to send my metabones in, out of warranty so it was 100 AUD all up to have it sent there and returned. There was no physical damage, it simply stopped working, my pc would show a folder with firmware ini in it but the metabones app wouldn’t recognise. Took them a month but I was glad to have it fixed. So in one way it was nice to get a free repair but pay postage on a 900 AUD item but on the other hand there was zero reason for a 900 AUD item to have stopped working. Communication was pretty awful, I had to contact them to confirm they received it then it simply showed up later, they never told me what was wrong.
    Yeah would be great if they could fix this over the internet. Like i have no problem connecting the metabones through USB to my pc and give them access with teamviewer or something. But not sure if its software or a mechanical part. Allthough weird why it has no problem with a GH5..

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid22 View Post
    Yeah would be great if they could fix this over the internet. Like i have no problem connecting the metabones through USB to my pc and give them access with teamviewer or something. But not sure if its software or a mechanical part. Allthough weird why it has no problem with a GH5..
    Yeah it’s pretty annoying, mine even seemed like I’d activated some developers mode or something but because of the lack of communication there was no troubleshooting given, just asked to send it in for a free repair.