Thread: Tilta Nucleus M handle w/ UMP?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Tilta Nucleus M handle w/ UMP? 
    Iím seriously considering the Nucleus M set and was curious if anyone has tried the side handle with thr UMP, in place of the Ursaís stock handle? Is it sturdy enough to hold the weight of the full body?

Quote Originally Posted by AaronChicago View Post
    Iím seriously considering the Nucleus M set and was curious if anyone has tried the side handle with thr UMP, in place of the Ursaís stock handle? Is it sturdy enough to hold the weight of the full body?

I own the Tilta M system and I use it with my UMP. It's just as strong as the side handle that comes with the camera. I usually put the camera on rails so I can use both handles. One for focus and one for zoom. Works extremely well.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerfre View Post
    I own the Tilta M system and I use it with my UMP. It's just as strong as the side handle that comes with the camera. I usually put the camera on rails so I can use both handles. One for focus and one for zoom. Works extremely well.
    Thanks!

IMG_6477.jpgIMG_6478.jpgIMG_6480.jpgIMG_6487.jpgIMG_6475.jpgIMG_6471.jpg

Here are pics of various ways to use the handle in place of the standard side handle with the UMP. It can attach directly to the rosetta plate and is strong enough to hold the camera, I've shown it with the connector that came with with Tilta shoulder rig to bring the handle off the body a little and I've also showed it with the left and right handles attached via rails. Hope this helps...

Spencer

so...Spencer - you based in Australia?

Thanks Spencer. I’ve been using the Nucleus M for a few days and love it so far. It might be the most impressive camera accessory I’ve ever used. Especially for $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by tmronin View Post
    so...Spencer - you based in Australia?
    Happy New Year. I'm based in Atlanta, Georgia. I have an amazingly talented friend from Australia named Emmaline Cleary. I want to visit there as her family has adopted me as their family virtually lol.

Quote Originally Posted by spencerfre View Post
    Happy New Year. I'm based in Atlanta, Georgia. I have an amazingly talented friend from Australia named Emmaline Cleary. I want to visit there as her family has adopted me as their family virtually lol.
    oo! I love the Varsity (attended a couple Peach Bowls there in college - Go NCSU!) - I was just joshing you because in my browser, most of your images are upside down. LOL!

Just wanted to post an update on how I"m mounting the handle in a handheld setup. Used the second handles Arri Rosette mount to attach on top of Smallrig cage. I love this thing.

https://imgur.com/a/R3GiZ06

AaronChicago, i like your rig idea! Probably more rugged setup is possible if you use my Arri rosette mount.

BTW, is it possible to unscrew original Nucleus M Rosette mount part? I see a large screw at the top of the handle. It probably can be mounted to the NATO rail or something more compact and low profile.

Last edited by shijan; 01-03-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/