Thread: dji ronin s Focus Motor vs nucleus-n

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 dji ronin s Focus Motor vs nucleus-n 
    Hello,

Anybody tried the dji ronin s Focus Motor vs nucleus-n? Interested in either system, but want the best one.

Cheers,

I went with the tilta after learning they were going to make a native ronin s power cable for it. Marginally more expensive but the tilta will be usable on more than your ronin S.

Quote Originally Posted by modernvigilante View Post
    I went with the tilta after learning they were going to make a native ronin s power cable for it. Marginally more expensive but the tilta will be usable on more than your ronin S.
    My thoughts and actions exactly. the Tilta system is way more flexible and even though I pre-ordered the minute it went live on the site, I was totally sold after playing with one at the Burbank Tilta store last week.

Ah just saw it runs of one lion battery you need to buy it seperate around 10$, its rechargable. And runs up to 6 hours. Not bad
    Last edited by polaroid22; 12-06-2018 at 02:31 PM.

I am leaning to the tilta nucleus n as well.
    What do I need extra to make this setup work? I do not have a cage for the pocket 4K yet. But would be awesome if I got a system then I can click onto the ronin s. But also take it off fairly quickly and go handheld with the nucleus-n as well. (not sure how you would power the motor at this point though).

Quote Originally Posted by polaroid22 View Post
    I am leaning to the tilta nucleus n as well.
    What do I need extra to make this setup work? I do not have a cage for the pocket 4K yet. But would be awesome if I got a system then I can click onto the ronin s. But also take it off fairly quickly and go handheld with the nucleus-n as well. (not sure how you would power the motor at this point though).
    1. You'll need a battery for the motor. Any USB power pack should work, but a bigger battery that can power both the motor and you camera is a nice option, too. (That's where I'm going. Looking at the CoreSX and a few other possibilities.)
    2. You'll need some way to mount whatever power option you choose. (The motor comes with a baseplate and small 15mm rod, so if you don't already have, that's taken care of.)
    Pocketluts: Purpose-built LUTs for the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
    Pocketluts Store

Pretty sure I heard that Tilta will be making a cable to power the motor via the usb-c port with a splitter for the SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by joe12south View Post
    1. You'll need a battery for the motor. Any USB power pack should work, but a bigger battery that can power both the motor and you camera is a nice option, too. (That's where I'm going. Looking at the CoreSX and a few other possibilities.)
    2. You'll need some way to mount whatever power option you choose. (The motor comes with a baseplate and small 15mm rod, so if you don't already have, that's taken care of.)
    Thanks!

1: Can you mount the baseplate on the ronin s? Or do you need to use the ronin s baseplate?
    2: thanks the coresx is maybe a good solution for handheld work, prob buying this one.
    3: I like to go from handheld to ronin-s pretty fast, so I dont loose a lot of time. Can the ronin S stabilize the coresx with the baseplate and the 15mm rod wit the nucleus-n as well?

I'd like to bring the PDmovie Live Air onto the table. Got it for handheld work with my PCC4K and it works great and has a small footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Niessner View Post
    I'd like to bring the PDmovie Live Air onto the table. Got it for handheld work with my PCC4K and it works great and has a small footprint.
    Aah I used this one before on a shoot, but had a lot of problems with it. Like losing signal, and needed to calibrate the same lens 3 times on the same day (battery also died pretty fairly I thought, not sure anymore of that one).