Thread: I want to know why?

1. #1 I want to know why? 
    I want to know why BM decided to use and send out lp-e6 batteries that won’t charge in original canon LP-E6 charger.

Quote Originally Posted by mico View Post
    I want to know why BM decided to use and send out lp-e6 batteries that won’t charge in original canon LP-E6 charger.
    I personally don't know any knock off that charges in the original canon charger. So I don't think it's necessarily a BMD issue.
    Darren Scott
    Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Only original Canon batteries will properly charge on a Canon charger. Anything else won't. This has always been the case, even before BMD made their first camera many years ago. It should be no surprise. I use Kastar chargers and batteries or Wasabe chargers for Wasabe batteries. They tend to be most dependable. I had issues with a couple of Kastar but the company replaced it and send it out the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by EYu View Post
    Only original Canon batteries will properly charge on a Canon charger. Anything else won't. This has always been the case, even before BMD made their first camera many years ago. It should be no surprise. I use Kastar chargers and batteries or Wasabe chargers for Wasabe batteries. They tend to be most dependable. I had issues with a couple of Kastar but the company replaced it and send it out the next day.

I have a few 3rd party batteries that charge fine with the Canon charger.

That said, after testing a lot of solutions on a couple of P4Ks for several weeks - Stick with original Canon batteries.

I've compared 8 brands and the original Canons are the only ones that give accurate % feedback and they hold the best charge and last the longest.

European brand Patona batteries (the better/premium, green ones) charge fine with original charger. Also shows percentage on canon cameras.