Thread: Pocket 4k Power Solutions

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'm waiting on a company to make a poly-carbonate carbon fibre reinforced (same material as the p4k) battery grip. Something that has replaceable batteries, Can run the camera for at least 2 hours, isn't as expensive as just having 10 canon LP-E6, would raise the camera no more than 4cm as to not get too tall and is contoured to the camera body. An important addition would be to have multiple threads on the bottom to make it much easier to mount the camera off set for gimbals.

I think going straight into the LP-E6 and remove the battery door like most common battery grips makes the most sense and I was thinking considering the cameras 7inch length you could get away with 2 sony-npf 550 batteries in some sort of tray. You can get 2x NP-F 550 Neweer batteries for 30 dollars on amazon. Have the battery tray insert from the left would make it possible to swap batteries without removing the camera from a gimbal.

2x sony np-f550 at 2600 each gives you a 5200mah battery. Let's say a single LP-E6 1800mah lasts a minimum of 45 minutes we can guess that a 5200mah battery might last roughly 2 hours and 20 minutes. Now I know the P4K has been a bit funky with run times and different batteries so tests would need to be done but I think all this would come to adding about 350g of weight to the camera and allow you to run from cheap sony batteries. Might be worth it if the price is right?

if anyone is looking for the DC power cable pack here in the States - Core Micro has them in Stock...as well as the mini to full size XLR cables as well.
    https://www.coremicro.com/blackmagic...ableccpoc4k-dc

Quote Originally Posted by joe12south View Post
    Wonderful idea. Any guesstimate on availability?
    Its complicated... This is still my personal DIY project. I expected to finish first batch it in the early Summer 2018, but it is end of November now and i still with some manufacture problems with plastic molded parts. I already put too many time and effort to this project and can say for sure that it will happened soon or late. If someone else interested, send me a PM and i can add you to the email list.
    P.S. LP-E6 plate will be available as standalone product as well, so you can use it as Quick Release system for any other battery module or any other gear.
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

I saw interesting solution similar to shijans on facebook. BatBox4k
    It should be super easy a super cheap to build. Anyone here is little bit more tech than me? What would I need? 4x 18650 batteries(50$), 4pcs holder (2$), maybe some mini voltmeter to see voltage(1$), dc cable for pocket. Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by KrocanX View Post
    I saw interesting solution similar to shijans on facebook. BatBox4k
    It should be super easy a super cheap to build. Anyone here is little bit more tech than me? What would I need? 4x 18650 batteries(50$), 4pcs holder (2$), maybe some mini voltmeter to see voltage(1$), dc cable for pocket. Anything else?
    You're gonna need a charger for the 18650 batteries. You can get away with 4x 18650 batteries for about $35 and if you're brave enough, just cut up the cable that came with the pocket. Otherwise a cable is going to be about $25-50 depending on where you get it from. I think that's a pretty decent solution for power though. You can potentially 3D print a small battery extension to make the whole thing more elegant. Kind of like what Canon or Sony has for their cameras, instead of having to mount it up top.

BatBox4k looks like one of the best stripped-down solutions that I've seen. Most of them are ridiculously clunky for mounting atop the camera. It would be lovely to also have a version that was designed for 15mm rods for slightly bigger rigs.

The first manufacturer to come out with a battery grip is gonna do very well.
    Pocketluts: Purpose-built LUTs for the Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K
    Pocketluts Store

Quote Originally Posted by joe12south View Post
    BatBox4k looks like one of the best stripped-down solutions that I've seen. Most of them are ridiculously clunky for mounting atop the camera. It would be lovely to also have a version that was designed for 15mm rods for slightly bigger rigs.

The first manufacturer to come out with a battery grip is gonna do very well.
    Exactly my thoughts! I am surprised that no one built one yet.

How do you power the pocket 4K through your ronin s?

Is anyone here powering their P4K with a V-Mount battery? I'm considering it since I'm using V-Mounts for other stuff too, but I'm not quite clear on what the best way for rigging it up would be, especially if you want to keep it handheld and without an extra monitor - would be cool if someone can share pictures of their setup.

Has anyone had issues with lanpart LP-E6 dummy battery? I was on a shoot and camera wouldn't turn on second half of the day. Later that night tests showed it wouldn't take any LP-E6 Batteries. would only power on via 12v jack and it won't charge battery, only shows AC. Only way for me to use the camera now is via a spliced 12v power bank. i think something has gone kaput internally on the battery department end. Be careful everyone.
    Last edited by iammuc; 12-07-2018 at 08:38 AM.