Thread: Pocket 4k Power Solutions

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Call BM support they will help you troubleshoot

From the manual:The USB-C port lets you record directly to an attached USB-C flash disk. When your camera is switched off, you can recharge its battery via the USB-C port from an external source such as a battery pack. To update your camera’s internal software, connect the camera to a computer via the USB-C port and run the camera update application.

What and how are you charging the battery through the USBc port.

Quote Originally Posted by mico View Post
    From the manual:The USB-C port lets you record directly to an attached USB-C flash disk. When your camera is switched off, you can recharge its battery via the USB-C port from an external source such as a battery pack. To update your camera’s internal software, connect the camera to a computer via the USB-C port and run the camera update application.

What and how are you charging the battery through the USBc port.
    Take a powerbank with adequate output on USB, plug it into the P4K.

Quote Originally Posted by gmfb View Post
    Take a powerbank with adequate output on USB, plug it into the P4K.
    I was asking Kevin Baggot. Not you. I already know and have charged the battery with a power bank and it all works fine. I want to know how he's doing it to help him. Is he using a canon battery so he can see the percentage going up because non canon batteries don't show a percentage meter so it won't give an indication quickly that the battery is charging. Is he seeing the red light on top of the camera on when the power bank is attached and the camera is off. Is he using a crappy usb cable. What power source is he using.
    Last edited by mico; 02-24-2019 at 07:26 PM.

I see a bunch of people are making shoulder rigs but has anyone used or considered using something like this?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1291630-REG

I'd want to counter weight a bit with a v mount battery and plate on the shoulder and add a manfrotto style quick release plate. Having the camera out in front here would make it easier to operate the function buttons, when in a shoulder form the buttons are all on the far side.

I'm considering losing the hand grip all together and just holding the cameras grip.

Looks like I might even be able to reverse the silver arm for storage.

Think it would work?

Question for all of you.

12V Weipu connector or dummy battery?

I bought the NP Multifunction battery with both USB and DC barrel connections. I also got the Kondor Blue DC to Weipu cable. I could not get the pair to work. Before you say the battery doesn't do 12V, it does. It's just fidgety. I wound up using a dummy battery I had via the DC port and that worked fine because of the lower voltage required. So is a dummy battery okay? Or should I invest more $ for a 12V solution?

https://www.amazon.com/Powerextra-Mu...ct_top?ie=UTF8

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Any disadvantages of going dummy battery vs. 12V connector?

Quote Originally Posted by Herb View Post
    Any disadvantages of going dummy battery vs. 12V connector?
    you lose redundancy power should your dummy battery decide to quit mid shoot and possibly lose the file.

On a similar note, does anyone know the polarity of the two pins on the Weipu connectors? which ones positive and negative to splice to Dtap
    Last edited by iammuc; 03-09-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iammuc View Post
    you lose redundancy power should your dummy battery decide to quit mid shoot and possibly lose the file.

On a similar note, does anyone know the polarity of the two pins on the Weipu connectors? which ones positive and negative to splice to Dtap
    Though a BM rep said it's best practise to not use an internal battery if your powering from an external DC source as powering the camera and charging a battery is something like 30W of power draw. So i'd be taking any internal battery out if running from a V-mount. Plus I know the prores files close every 5 seconds and can only assume it's the same for Braw so while not great to have a camera lose power mid shot it'd only chop off potentially the last 5 seconds.

Is the core SWX, a cage and a monitor mounted to the cage the most compact and reliable way to over come the the pocket 4k's short comings? So far it's the best I've seen but sure is pricey, a 55Wh battery for 300+ AUD geeze but it does seem reliable where as I doubt some of the sony-npf plate work arounds.

Anyone else seen anything that keeps the camera fairly compact and doesn't resemble a science experiment?