Thread: BMPCC Speedbooster on Pocket 4K

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    I will second this. Someone who has a BMCC MFT Speed Booster and the new Pocket 4K needs to test if this SB will cover the sensor. I would also be interested in knowing this! On paper doing the ath, it should work, but a physical test is more conclusive.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    I will second this. Someone who has a BMCC MFT Speed Booster and the new Pocket 4K needs to test if this SB will cover the sensor. I would also be interested in knowing this! On paper doing the ath, it should work, but a physical test is more conclusive.
    Cheers
    I posted a comment, and photos, about this earlier in the thread. Been using that combo for about a month, and encountered no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brawley View Post
    My theory is that most users aren't used to seeing the wider FOV on MFT sensors that we have with the P4K and it's revealing the sins of the lens makers more than BMD.
    I would'nt go that far as to blaming existing lens makers catering for existing market of cameras with M43 mount. That is what I'm referring to and I'm sure most people here gets what I'm saying in response to your previous post here.

Quote Originally Posted by trispembo View Post
    I posted a comment, and photos, about this earlier in the thread. Been using that combo for about a month, and encountered no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Smith View Post
    Cheers
    Metabones have made some updates to their website referencing the P4k awhile ago but so far made no mention with regard to the BMCC SB and P4k. Would be useful if Brian can confirm this one way or another but I also believe trispembo's test confirm it does work.

Quote Originally Posted by trispembo View Post

Yeah those pictures looked pretty good to me. And what is not supposed to work anyway? The sensor stack is the same for BMCC and BMP4k and the magnification factor (0.64) fits perfectly for full frame lenses.

Anyway, I picked one up for 80 bucks on Ebay, which is less than the Viltrox and all the other Chinese knock-offs go for and what I've seen from those has been pretty appalling honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by VidShooter View Post
    I agree. No one should be "bashing" anyone. No one has been bashing Brian. To the contrary. Brian bashed BMD and some of us stepped in to point this out to cut down on the confusion. One of the reasons "we keep going round and round" is some false statements have been made and confused a lot of people. To be clear BMD, as far as we know, has not made a mistake or done anything "nonstandard". Historically their sensor stacks have been similar to those of the major DSLR and cinema camera manufacturers.

Honestly I never even heard any of this "nonstandard" nonsense until something didn't fit with Brian's business model. The much praised JVC GY-LS300 combines a S35 sensor with an active m43 mount. I never heard anyone complain.

https://www.newsshooter.com/2015/02/...icro-43-mount/

I have no problem with anyone making a living. And if it isn't economically viable to create a BMPCC 4k speedbooster from the ground up I understand. I just implore people not to bash Blackmagic, and don't spread misinformation.
    Id like to see someone fully test this and confirm whos wrong and whos right. For now, im leaning towards brian based on evidence. I would love to have finality on this issue
    Dustin Uy-Filmmaker