Thread: Pocket 4K - Battery Stuck Inside

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just want to say that I got the same problem with canon batteries.
    I taped a little "electric tape" to some batteries to mark it.
    And those 0.1 mm thick tape is enough that some batteries got stucked inside the Canon Camera.
    I have to turn the camera upside down an shake it a litle bit... push the release button and shake.

Maybe try to find out on which side the battery get stuck and put tape on the other side of the battery.

BM cameras are power hungry and eats tiny LP-E6 battery very fast. Probably cheaper battery cells inside don't hold well quick discharge and start to bloat very quickly. This deforms outer battery shell and it sticks because it seems P4K use too small camera battery housing tolerance.
    I have two LP-E6 Watson batteries with about 2-3mm bloat deformed edges. Lucky i used them with BMMCC which don't have battery housing restrictions.
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Quote Originally Posted by shijan View Post
    BM cameras are power hungry and eats tiny LP-E6 battery very fast. Probably cheaper battery cells inside don't hold well quick discharge and start to bloat very quickly. This deforms outer battery shell and it sticks because it seems P4K use too small camera battery housing tolerance.
    I have two LP-E6 Watson batteries with about 2-3mm bloat deformed edges. Lucky i used them with BMMCC which don't have battery housing restrictions.
    Those fake Canon LP-E6 are too big right from the beginning, they don't bloat. I
    have multiple no-name batteries which work fine in the BMCC 4K.

I fixed them by adding a piece of electrical tape to the one side so you can pull it out. Not ideal but it works fine for now.

One of the first time I stuck a LP-E6 in my camera I got it stuck. But for me, it was not because the battery bloated up.. It was because a very small latch in the buttom/top (depending on how you see it) broke and that got between the battery and the compartment. 9/10 times I can still insert the battery, but once in a while the broken latch becomes a problem and I have to fiddle a little with it. BMD has recognized my problem and its on it way for RMA, but I am posting his so others can be aware of this problem and know what to do.

IMG_5358.jpg

IMG_5359.jpg

Is the top image showing the latch and the bottom one with the latch broken off?

It's not the brand of battery but how much heat the battery generates during use that causes it to bloat. All LP-E6 and the Nikon type for the BMPCC does that. The battery housing of BM pocket cameras does not have enough clearance hence when the batt bloats, it gets stuck.

anyone with a sticking battery should try taping up the hole on the top right where that internal switch (pictured above) is locates to and see if that stops the sticking. My one particular battery gets stuck when its cold so its not heat related for this particular battery. BM says that switch is there to tell the camera that a battery has been inserted and is in use.

This might be one reason why your camera shows 0% maybe @Taikonaut? Have you checked that pin in your camera?

Quote Originally Posted by iammuc View Post
    anyone with a sticking battery should try taping up the hole on the top right where that internal switch (pictured above) is locates to and see if that stops the sticking. My one particular battery gets stuck when its cold so its not heat related for this particular battery. BM says that switch is there to tell the camera that a battery has been inserted and is in use.

This might be one reason why your camera shows 0% maybe @Taikonaut? Have you checked that pin in your camera?
    Thanks. Just checked and mine is gone, so it must have got lost when the battery got stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikonaut View Post
    Thanks. Just checked and mine is gone, so it must have got lost when the battery got stuck.
    Thats unfortunate but at least one step closer to diagnosing your battery issue for RMA if possible